Inlaws are the worst - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wives/ Girlfriends/ Kids Forum For all the people that put up with the addiction to get addicted themselves!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2011, 11:26 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Inlaws are the worst

So grab a drink because this is gonna be a long one.

So, I've usually gotten along with my girlfriend's dad, even though he still hangs out with her ex. Her sister hates me, her brother thinks I'm awesome, and her mom didn't like me, but now she totally loves me. Sarah (my girlfriend)'s parents are divorced.

I wasn't there for this, but I got the same story from 3 different people. So yesterday her sister was having a baby shower and giving a tour of their new house. Sarah's sister's babydaddy (she's got 2 kids with this guy while she's married to some other guy who she hasn't seen in 3 or 4 years), so the babydaddy has a statue of one of the saints on his dresser, and Sarah loved this kind of stuff. She made a remark to her brother about "he must watch over them while they sleep". So kevin, the babydaddy blows up. He gets in her face cussing and screaming about how she shouldn't be joking about this stuff. Now her sister and her mother did tell him off. And her brother told him he was lucky I wasn't there. Sarah left, and that was that.

So when I hear about it, I'm upset. Sarah's dad emails me asking about what happened and I give him the stories that I heard. I'm under the assumption that he's going to be upset that this dude yelled and cussed at his daughter. He basically says "oh well as long as he didn't hit her". Then he goes into some long diatribe about how the divorce messed everyone up and then goes on to say that when Sarah and I got together she stopped talking to her family and I basically kept her from them. This couldn't be further from the truth, I'm actually the one who tells her to call and visit and all that crap.

So I just decided to put it all out there. I let him know that they treated me like crap from day one. Even though when someone needed help, we were the one's to call. He needed $1,000 for something I don't remember what. John and his bank account to the rescue. Just 3 months ago Sarah's sister needed $3,000 so they could get their new house. Guess who wrote the check. So even after all of this, I'm told that it's basically my fault because I'm a jerk. I broke up Sarah and her ex and ruined her life and I keep her from her family.
And that beating the crap out of the sister's man is the wrong thing to do and that I should invite him out for drinks and talk it out.

My reply was basically, if I'd had my nuts cut off I would share his sentiment about the d-bag babydaddy. And that Sarah is a grown woman and she can come and go as she pleases. She can call and visit whomever she wants. But as far as me being at any of their family holidays, it won't happen. I will have zero contact with them. And I would like to be paid back within 30 days.

So if you've read all of that here's my question. Should I leave things as they are which I'm happy with. Or should I forgive and forget, even though it will result on me being treated like an outsider?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2011, 11:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Jerry Springer ? No more cash, request the money back and move on you are the *** anyways . Damn man they get a new trailer ?
Old 08-29-2011, 12:05 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
LMFAO Look, I can be a world class a-hole. I know this. But I've been nothing but nice to these people and helped out any time I was asked. But for all of my help, I just get treated like crap

They just bought their first house on a short sale for $114,000. Sarah's dad was bragging to me about the feeling of buying your first home and how exciting it is. As if I don't own a house. Then I explained to him how great it is to be able to pick the options of your new home that is currently being built. About how hard it is to decide between marble and granite counter tops. That actually shut him up pretty quickly.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
Then I explained to him how great it is to be able to pick the options of your new home that is currently being built. About how hard it is to decide between marble and granite counter tops. That actually shut him up pretty quickly.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:53 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
wow Drama. YOu need some man time bro. Go drive your truck lol
Old 08-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Banned

Take relationship advice from the 16 year old.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:05 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You gonna get at me boy?? How tall are you. lets start there.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:09 AM

leave things like they are. Tell them you want your money back like yesterday. Tell your gf that she needs to make it clear to her family that you are part of her life and you both wont take this ish. Enjoy your new house and pimp diesel truck while the inlaws continue sucking at life
Old 08-31-2011, 09:32 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Hey, look at it this way John, you're free and clear from 'her' family dinners!

Seriously though, fugg em'! Leave the cards where they fell. If they decide it's not worth it to see their daughter or SIL, then that's their BS decision. Also, let them know that you are going to sue each of the people you loaned money to (I hope you told them it was a loan), that if you're not paid back, or a payment plan set up, you're taking their dumbarses to civil court (no attorney needed, just proof) for your money, AND court fees
Old 08-31-2011, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

This my .02 on the subject.

I'd do a combo. Let it be....for now. Let them get their wits about them (that may be an arguble thing), let them think it through a bit. Perhaps, when (or if) they think it through, they'll see they crossed the line. Getting in someone's face is not a good thing (how do they expect you'll react?)

After a period, try to make peace if you can (if they will let you).

I think it would be good for Sarah in the long run. You'll just need to be okay with being 'the OTHER' guy. FWIW, I hope none of this will come between you and Sarah.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.