Talk about a hypocrite... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wives/ Girlfriends/ Kids Forum For all the people that put up with the addiction to get addicted themselves!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
Thumbs down Talk about a hypocrite...

So this girl I was talkin to and had a pretty good time with whenever we hung out suddenly said we can't talk because "I'm too old for her"...mind you I'm 25. That excuse didn't make sense, but I shrugged it off and said whatever. Well, the truth came out the other day...the real reason is, her dad is racist and doesn't approve of her dating anyone "dark". For those of you who don't know, I'm adopted and my real mom was a full blooded white irish lady and my dad was a black guy. Im the product of an affair, and was put up for adoption at birth...but that's not relevant at the moment.

The kicker is, this "man" says he doesnt approve of "inter-racial dating", yet he himself (full blooded white guy) is married to a Korean woman...which makes the girl I was talking to half korean half white. So...number one, isn't this 2011? This ignorance still exists? It's truly sad...number two...what a freakin hypocrite. And number three...what kind of father would rather boost his own ego than care about his daughters happiness? I'm mature, financially stable, honest, dependable and loving, yet I'm not good enough just because I was born a bit darker than white. Really? So, because of that, you'd rather have your daughter sleep with a foreign exchange student from Sweeden who has a gf back in his home country...

Maybe I'm blind...but I just don't see this dude's logic. So aggrivating! Idiocy never ceases to amaze me...

-Rant over-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to 2003kingranch
wow thats it sucks but there are a lot of people out there like that. like you said its 2011 everyone needs to grow up
Old 04-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Raging Lunatic

I know this won't be the the opinion you're looking for, but it is what it is. People of race will predominately hang with the same race, it's called human nature. And nothing bigoted or racist about that.

Who knows, maybe with him marrying a lady not within his own race has caused him some personal grief through the years and he doesn't want the same thing to happen to his daughter.

You should not get mad for someone for having certain beliefs; if you do, you're doing exactly what you are accusing him of doing.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
Quote:
Originally Posted by choctaw View Post
I know this won't be the the opinion you're looking for, but it is what it is. People of race will predominately hang with the same race, it's called human nature. And nothing bigoted or racist about that.

Who knows, maybe with him marrying a lady not within his own race has caused him some personal grief through the years and he doesn't want the same thing to happen to his daughter.

You should not get mad for someone for having certain beliefs; if you do, you're doing exactly what you are accusing him of doing.
Gonna have to disagree with your whole reply there...but to each is own. Ignorance in my book...but it is what it is. We'll all be judged one day and the ignorance will be cleansed away once and for all...
Old 04-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Raging Lunatic

Ben, we've gone round and round on issues like this before, I thought hard before posting. I knew if I had totally agreed with you, you would have called my agreement BS. Your thinking is narrow minded and downright silly if you can't see some truth in what I said.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Serving Our Country!

As I said, to each is own. One day we'll all be judged by the only one who has the real right to judge. Your opinion is yours and mine is mine. I don't see color or race...guess that's just how I was brought up.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

It still seems fairly normal for parents to not like inter-racial dating/marrying. I know of a lot of families that would look down on that, though none of them are racist.

But there are those who dont want inter-racial dating due to racism...those are the bad apples.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Raging Lunatic

ANYONE who claims to not see race or color is full of sh1t. Everyone does, it's the actions you take that sets you apart.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Shade tree mechanic

I first gotta ask Ben, where did you get this info from that he thinks this way? Surely his daughter didnt tell you herself that her dad views it that way?

FWIW I think Mike has a very valid point about maybe it has caused him his own grief and doesnt wish to see his daughter go through the same situation.

Again, I would like to know who/where you heard that her dad feels that way.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:38 AM
Serving Our Country!

Straight from her...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.