My Boy - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wives/ Girlfriends/ Kids Forum For all the people that put up with the addiction to get addicted themselves!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 07:44 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
My Boy

Well my boy is 3 and is going to have his tonsils, andoids, removed. Possibily have tubes put in his ears. Hopefully when this is all done he won't be constantly fighting a cold. Lately he has not want nothing to eat except cold foods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2010, 07:45 PM
My 6OH Hates Me

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
sent some prayers out for him for a speedy recovery
Old 06-01-2010, 07:48 PM
shaking things up

hope all is well for your boy and you thoughts go out to you
Old 06-02-2010, 12:26 PM
duct tape & zip ties

June 30th is the surgery date
Old 06-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Hope everything goes well Scott. Thats alot to go thru at that age
Old 06-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sorry to hear that for the little guy. I been threw the tube thing before and unless he is having ruptured ear drums I would try to avoid them. I would try the tonsil removal first.
My parents had tubes put into my ears when I was about his age. Three months ago (27 years later) I had surgery to fix the hole it left. Lost alot of hearing and 66% of the drum. It is still in healing and not sure if it worked yet. So when the Dr tried to put tubes in my daughters ears cause she was getting infections, I said no way. The ears should eventually develope the muscle it needs to flow the fluid. I had my wife, mother inlaw and Dr all against me. Few months or so down the road after they all insisted I have it done to her, her ears turned out fine without them. Dr admitted to my wife and mother in law that I was right and good thing we didnt do it. If his ears are so bad that pressure was building and causing ruptures or affecting his speech then I would say do the tubes for sure. Thats to painfull to put him threw. But if its his colds/sinuses causing infections from ear not able to drain the fluid properly I would wait it out. As he gets a little older his ear should start performing as it should. Every kid is different, somes ears are fine and some take alittle longer to work correctly. But Im no Dr and this is just my opinion. Im sharing with you my experience from what I went threw and research I have done over the years. Of course every case is different and I would say do a some more research and get other Dr. opinions before getting tubes. I usually dont like giving advice on anything like this so again, Please dont make your decision on my post. Just want to share my experience with you so you can do your own research..

Last edited by Clintd; 06-02-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:42 PM
duct tape & zip ties

I understand what your saying Clintd I am on the fence about the tubes. Because of everything else I am not sure if he needs the tubes.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

It helped my Daughter out when she was having problems,good luck
Old 06-06-2010, 11:15 AM
I am that hot

Send a message via AIM to superxcrewfx4 Send a message via Yahoo to superxcrewfx4
My nephew had all 3 done at the age of 3, bye bye constant colds and ear infections. He was always sick. The best thing he ever had done. He is only 3.5 now but he hasnt been sick in a while, just a crabby pants.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:30 AM
wants to go 2wd to 4wd

Send a message via AIM to SniperFolf
If hes fighting off a bunch of colds the tonsils and adenoids are going to be the best choice.. the tubes are put in place for recurring chronic ear infections.. but as was stated above your body develops the muscles to help flow the puss or other blockage that would occur giving your child the constant ear aches. If the only thing your kid is having is constant sickness I.E. colds, strep it'll help alot.. just remember one thing he is going to not like either of you for a while but he will forget once he gets the jello and ice cream.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.