Shuttle launch - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wives/ Girlfriends/ Kids Forum For all the people that put up with the addiction to get addicted themselves!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Shuttle launch

I have decided to take my son on a trip to Cape Canaveral for the July shuttle launch (my wife is staying home because of her job). Ideally I would have waited until he was about 6 but it don't always work as we plan. He will be 16 months at launch time but we are going anyway. This trip is one of the many cool and exciting things I hope to do with him. My question is mainly for the locals and those of you who have been. Where is the must be spot for the best seat in the land? Should I bring him some hearing protection? Besides the Kennedy Space Center what should I spend my time doing? I'll be in the Cocoa Beach and Titusville areas from the 28th until the 30th. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2010, 04:31 PM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfan30 View Post
I have decided to take my son on a trip to Cape Canaveral for the July shuttle launch (my wife is staying home because of her job). Ideally I would have waited until he was about 6 but it don't always work as we plan. He will be 16 months at launch time but we are going anyway. This trip is one of the many cool and exciting things I hope to do with him. My question is mainly for the locals and those of you who have been. Where is the must be spot for the best seat in the land? Should I bring him some hearing protection? Besides the Kennedy Space Center what should I spend my time doing? I'll be in the Cocoa Beach and Titusville areas from the 28th until the 30th. Thanks
I'd scout it out a day or two in advance to find the best hill to watch the entire launch. From the boosters igniting to the rockets being ejected.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

My plans are to leave here and drive overnight Tuesday/Wednesday morning and do some scouting. If it goes off on time it will be Thursday.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Thats a long azz ride from Ky. It takes 10 hours for me. I always plan to watch it at my friends house but the last 3 times it has gotten canceled or delayed. I might be going in July.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Premium Member

You better catch it now because Obama is ending it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.