Now what do i do?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wives/ Girlfriends/ Kids Forum For all the people that put up with the addiction to get addicted themselves!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Now what do i do??

Maybe some of you guys can help me out, my girlfriend broke up with me tonight because she said i was to busy and didn't pay enough attention to her. Ok here is what i do for a living, i still live at home, only 23. I work at a John Deere dealer that is about 45 min from my house, she lives about and hour and a few min from my house. But she lives in the next town to the one i work in. So you think that would be good enough? She also lives at home to, so it's not like i can stop by whenever i want.

But me and my dad farm, she also told me she didn't like that i spend so much time in the tractor working during the busy season like now, i should be with her and give my full attention to her!

Before we ever started dating i explained to her about this situation, she said that was fine and found it cool that i farmed and wanted to ride in the tractor with me. Well now she has completely turn around on what she said, and tells me she never said that at all.

So what am i suppoused to do, i still love her, i don't want to loose her but apparently she doesn't want me anymore? Do i let it go and be done with her, or do i try to change her mind? Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

It is much much easier to just let her go, and most of the time is the right choice. If she is already that clingy and needy and flip flops on her word I wouldn't bother with her. Im 22 and work long days and cant really spend much time with gf's and when things got like this I just moved on. Every situation is different so thats just what I would do. Good luck with whatever road you chose to take, just make sure you stick to it.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Premium Member

All I can say is "The more I learn about Women, The more I love my truck" Good luck and keep on truckin!
Old 10-02-2009, 08:35 PM
scuffs *****

Send a message via AIM to Tyler
Dont EVER change your life or who you are for a girl. You do what you do for a reason, you are who you are because of what you do. If you change because of her, then your not you, your someone else. Someone out there will love you for who YOU are right now. Just chill back and wait. Beers on me tonight man
Old 10-02-2009, 09:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to nccatfan
No respect for a workin' man! That attitude just rubs me wrong. What has she contributed to the relationship? Gonna have to say to let this one go.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:25 PM

Any chick that says her guy works too much, Well thats a big warning flag right there!!!
Old 10-02-2009, 09:39 PM

She probably is using it as a lame excuse.

You are young, keep your head up high, work your butt off and get that savings acct built up while you don't have a girl. You'll have some $ saved up for the next one. haha.

Dunno man. Sounds like it would be a royal pita for you to meet her new demands..
Old 10-02-2009, 10:08 PM

let her go man. im 20 and work in the oilfield i have since i turned 18 im gone for at least 4 weeks at a time maybe more andi have had a girlfriend since may of last year and did the same thing you did i told her my situation and asked if she could handle it and she said she could. she does hate that im gone so much but she sticks with me. there is a girl out there for you man just let this one go her loss anyways.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:24 AM
Emergency Services

I'm a little different than most of the responders so far. I'm 52, been married almost 30 years.

I was a full time cop most of that time while also serving in the military reserves. I have run my own business as well for the last 18 years and currently work with a rescue group on the side and do some contracting for the gov't.

My point is, I'm gone or otherwise busy, a LOT!.

Between the military, law enforcement, and the demands of my business and the rescue group, I would sometimes seldom see home for stretches at a time.

My lady knew the demands of my career choices from the git go!

She also came up in a military family and knew the demands of government service.

When I first entered law enforcement, I almost joined the Highway Patrol. I was told that my 1st duty assignment would be Miami (which I was happy about), but wondered how it would effect our relationship?

Both of us were in Tampa, as was all of our family at the time..

When I told her, the first thing out of her mouth was, ok, I'll find something to do down there.

You see, she was an RN right out of school with her 1st job in Tampa (less than a year on), and we weren't even married yet! She was ready to pick up and move with me despite all that. Now that's dedication! That's true love and committment!

There have been a few times over 30 years that she's complained about the time I'm gone, but overall, she's stuck by me through thick and thin, good and bad (and there's damned sure been some bad over the years!)

I've also had the opportunity to observe many of my friends who had girlfriends just like yours, dependent, clingy, needy, demanding...all the traits you described.

Some of the guys gave in and gave up on thier career goals, took mundane jobs in the private sectror that guaranteed they'd be off on weekends and holidays, and home in the evening.

They bent to her every desire and demand...most of these lasted less than 5 years and the beotch was history!!

I don't think ANY of them lasted long term.

Relationships are built on give and take. We'd all like to have perfect lives, but the real world doesn't work that way.

YOu're apparently a hard working young man and someone who has goals in life. You need someone who shares those goals and is supportive, not "needy."

We need people like you and your father to ensure the well being of this country.

Farmers have always been the backbone of our nation Without you, and people like you and your dad, we can not remain the self sufficient country we are now.

Besides, a hard working man that's willing to sacrifice to take care of his family, should be worth his weight in GOLD to any woman

If she's not smart enough to see and understand that, or she's too selfish to give a little, then run like the wind and never look back my friend.

Let her go f**k someone elses life up.

As several have already said, there's someone out there that will appreciate you. You're young, be patient. True love WILL happen...when it's time

Take care and keep your goals in sight and remain true to yourself!

Last edited by SAR Pirate; 10-03-2009 at 02:33 AM.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:29 AM
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAR Pirate View Post
I'm a little different than most of the responders so far. I'm 52, been married almost 30 years.

I was a full time cop most of that time while also serving in the military reserves. I have run my own business as well for the last 18 years and currently work with a rescue group on the side and do some contracting for the gov't.

My point is, I'm gone or otherwise busy, a LOT!.

Between the military, law enforcement, and the demands of my business and the rescue group, I would sometimes seldom see home for stretches at a time.

My lady knew my the demands of my career from the git go! She also came up in a military family and knew the demands of such a life.

I almost joined the Highway Patrol at first and was told my 1st duty assignment would be Miami. Both of us and all of our family was in Tampa.

When I told her that, the first thing out of her mouth was, ok, I'll find something down there to do (she was an RN right out of school with her 1st job).

There have been a few times over 30 years that she's complained about the time I'm gone, but overall, she's stuck by me through thick and thin, good and bad (and there's damned sure been some bad over the years!)

I've also had the opportunity to observe many of my friends who had girlfriends just like yours, dependent, clingy, needy, demanding...all the traits you described.

Some of the guys gave in and gave up on thier career goals, took mundane jobs in the private sectror that guaranteed they'd be off on weekends and holidays, and home in the evening.

They bent to her every desire and demand...most of these lasted less than 5 years and the beotch was history!!

I don't think ANY of them lasted long term.

Relationships are built on give and take. We'd all like to have perfect lives, but the real world doesn't work that way.

We need people like you and your father to ensure the wellbeing of this country.

Farmers have always been the backbone of this country

And a hard working man that's willing to sacrifice to take care of his family, should be worth his weight in GOLD to any woman

If she's not smart enough to see and understand that, or she's too selfish to give a little, then run like the wind and never look back my friend.

Let her go f**k someone elses life up.

As several have already said, there's someone out there that will appreciate you. You're young, be patient. True love WILL happen...when it's time

^^^ Brilliant piece of advise ^^^

Let it go man. Maybe she'll be back and maybe she won't. If not, you're better off. Trust me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.