Gotta Brag about my Boy - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wives/ Girlfriends/ Kids Forum For all the people that put up with the addiction to get addicted themselves!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 05:49 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Gotta Brag about my Boy

We went to Bass Pro Shop. That was a mistake on my part. I spent a little to much money.

Ok then we went to Cracker Barrell for dinner. Well during dinner this older couple were leaving. The lady came up to me and said. Your boy is very well behave. He has great table manners and I wish my grandkids acted like him at the dinner table.

That made this Daddy proud hearing that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Premium Member

you should be proud
I see way to many kids being really obnoxious in resturants, and there parents dont even try to do any thing about it
Old 09-21-2009, 05:58 PM
wriott

Old 09-21-2009, 07:07 PM
duct tape & zip ties

It is not the first time I heard this. I took my son to a tigers game on June 5th. Older gentleman commented about my son sitting on my lap for 7 inings of the game.

I just have to say my son is well behaved.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Great stories BC. We need more parents to raise their children like this.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:51 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose350 View Post
Great stories BC. We need more parents to raise their children like this.
Believe it or not. It is not hard to raise your kid properly.

I hate to say this but it is like raising a puppy in a way. If you want good behavior you have to praise good behavior. If your child is acting bad or poorly you do not say if you be good you will get a toy. Hello that will only make them think hey if I act this way I get a new toy.

But instead if they behave, well then give them there favorite meal for dinner or lunch depending on what time of day it is. If they behave good, then maybe take them to the park to play. Or maybe let them watch there favorite movie. Tell them good job, tell them they are great. You do not need to give presents or toys to get your kids to behave properly.

When they misbehave. Let them know that they are not acting properly. Do not do this in front of there friends. Do not do this in public. If you are in a store, take them to a private area of the store. Maybe an aisle that has no customers in it. No need to spank them. Just get there attention and inform them that they are misbehaving and inform them what you expect.

One thing I hate seeing is a parent dragging their child balling out of a store. There is no need for that.

I am not saying I am the perfect parent. I am not claiming I am the perfect parent at all. I know I am not. There is no such thing as a perfect parent. But what I am good at is controling people. I do it all day at work. I did it for years in the Marines. I think I can handle controling a child.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Premium Member

Congrats!!

This country needs more parents like you
Old 09-21-2009, 08:22 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Oh another thing that works great. If they behave during dinner ask them if they want ice cream. Do not say well since you behaved so well during dinner you can have ice cream.

You know why you are allowing ice cream. Because of their behavior, as long as you know why that is all that matters. You don't want to get your child in a train of thought that if they act a certain way they get a certain item. If you do that then they will expect a toy, or ice cream all the time when they act properly.

Sometimes reward with praise, good job, great job you ate all your meal. The one thing is if your in public having dinner. Don't try to make them eat something they do not want or like. Or something they do not really care for. Why put yourself in the position to have a fight with your child in public. One thing is a child will exagerate the situation. We all know this, so if you get into an arguement with your child in public they will start crying and yelling and acting out.

How ever if you talk to them and explain things to them in public in a calm manner. You will get a better result.

No I do not have a phd in pyschology, or child development. I do not read books on child development. I do one simple thing. I spend time with my son, wether it is like today going to a man store as I like to call it. My son likes Bass pro shops too. He gets to see fish in the big tank. He gets to see the stuffed bear. The stuff deer. I get to look at the new stuff on the market for hunting. I get to buy a few things that I may need or want.

This is something we do on occassion. Sometimes I may not buy anything at the store. But just go look around. This teaches your child that you don't always have to buy something when you go into a store.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Great story and advise.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Good Job man. Im only 18, but Im very impressed with the way my parents raised me. I wish I listened to them more actually. They dont know I smoke, Im ashamed to tell them and I know it would let them down. There are other examples too. Many times I am in public (throughout the years) and I cant believe how my peers were acting. My parents were and are very strict, which sucks for me sometimes but looking back Im really glad they cared about what I did and expected me to do the right thing always.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.