BULLETPROOFING?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 02:46 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question BULLETPROOFING??

Where in the milwaukee area can i take my truck to have The MKM master solution kit installed on my truck? i was thinking hucksford diesel but I'm not sure. i want someone that has done at least 10 already and knows what they are doing. Who's had it done and where? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The only work I had done by someone else was done by a shop in Green Bay called Performance diesel because I was working up there. They did very good work and love the PSD. Well, I also took it to a fairly large diesel shop in Allenton once, whom I won't name, but it won't be going back there again. The guy who owns the place is really good, but he has people working for him who just don't care.

When I need help on my truck, I take it to a small one man shop in the middle of nowhere called Bob's auto repair. I have known Bob my whole life and he was a Ford diesel mechanic for 25 years before starting his own place. He works on a fair number of trucks and actually used to have a pulling truck for a while. He doesn't work fast since he does all the work himself, but he is very honest and knowledgeable, and he doesn't charge an arm and a leg.

I have heard some good things about Hucksdorf and have seen their facilities. They work on lots of diesels. Another option might be Badger Truck Center downtown on St. Paul Ave. They always have lots of PSDs in there.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:12 PM

what would be the best choice to have my truck bulletproofed tho?
Old 02-16-2012, 06:25 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What, or where?

What would be studs, OEM gaskets, coolant filter, egr delete, oil cooler relocation and tunes.

Where... well I've heard of both aftormentioned places, but can't offere any insight. Go talk to them, if they seem like they know what their doing then go with them. Or spend a few nights reading on the topic so you can decide where to go.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:54 PM
Turbos = Witchcraft

I would say call Huckstorf and Badger and see how they would have the heads checked and machined and by whom. The heads have to be FLAT or the gaskets will blow again. Then I would take it to whichever one gives you the best combination of knowledge, quality work, and customer service. I have only dealt with either one a little, just bought parts from them. I know Badger truck works on a ton of Fords, last time I was in there i saw 6 cabs up in the air. Huckstorf also has some real nice guys working there, and they are a little more performance oriented, and they seem to like chevys a little more but will gladly work on any diesel.
Definitely contact both and see what they have to say.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Do Not go to Badger Truck! In the Milwaukee area you have Hucksdorf. There may be a couple other small shops out there that do a nice job, but don't know of any. There is a small shop up in Beaver Dam that would be worth the drive. It is called Griswold Automotive, the two guys up there love the Powerstroke and the Cummins. Any work that I can't do myself they get, and have never regretted it. Talk to Paul for the Powerstrokes and Bob for the Cummins.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashotah7 View Post
Do Not go to Badger Truck! In the Milwaukee area you have Hucksdorf. There may be a couple other small shops out there that do a nice job, but don't know of any. There is a small shop up in Beaver Dam that would be worth the drive. It is called Griswold Automotive, the two guys up there love the Powerstroke and the Cummins. Any work that I can't do myself they get, and have never regretted it. Talk to Paul for the Powerstrokes and Bob for the Cummins.
thanks man, ill probably take it to hucksford. i just gotta wait until i have the money to pay for it. but again thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty View Post
What, or where?

What would be studs, OEM gaskets, coolant filter, egr delete, oil cooler relocation and tunes.

Where... well I've heard of both aftormentioned places, but can't offere any insight. Go talk to them, if they seem like they know what their doing then go with them. Or spend a few nights reading on the topic so you can decide where to go.
i will be getting the mkm customs complete solution and the sct tuner, edge insight , and a few other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuch03 View Post
I would say call Huckstorf and Badger and see how they would have the heads checked and machined and by whom. The heads have to be FLAT or the gaskets will blow again. Then I would take it to whichever one gives you the best combination of knowledge, quality work, and customer service. I have only dealt with either one a little, just bought parts from them. I know Badger truck works on a ton of Fords, last time I was in there i saw 6 cabs up in the air. Huckstorf also has some real nice guys working there, and they are a little more performance oriented, and they seem to like chevys a little more but will gladly work on any diesel.
Definitely contact both and see what they have to say.
i will have to give them a call over the summer and get a idea on what they will do and how much they will charge me. Thanks for your imput man, means a lot
Old 02-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashotah7 View Post
Do Not go to Badger Truck!
Why do you say that? Did you have a bad experience? Like I said I've had very limited experience with them, just buying parts and its hard to screw that up lol. I'm just curious that's all.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Badger is a Ford dealer and thier repair shop does not have a good reputation. I deal with them for parts, but other than that, forget it. Ask anyone that has had work done there. They take longer than expected almost always and are expensive as hell. I can not think of one person that I know that has anything good to say about the service, parts are no problem. Of course this is my and other's opinion.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:52 PM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Good to know, thanks for sharing your experience!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.