BEST WISCONSIN WEATHER TIRE - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 05:20 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
BEST WISCONSIN WEATHER TIRE

What is to be the best tire that you guys have ran to be best in the Wisconsin winter and summer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2011, 03:55 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well I hate to admit it but I bought my tires at walmart. I know it's sounds pretty bad or like I should be saying this at a A.A. group meeting or a setting like that. Now with that beeing said I did buy the Goodyear Wrangler Authority A/T or M/T I think. Now for gas millage wasn't that large of a loss but for the winter and off road traction that I gained I was willing to make the trade off. I think I lost a mpg or two. I also have a dually so without that the mpg loss will most likely be less. You can only get them at wally world or that was the case last year when I got them. With 20k on them I am also happy with the wear that they have had so far it has been very minimal. They were also a very fair price for load range E. Now many people will tell u to speed a hell of a lot more for Nitto's or Dick Cepeck's ect... If u want to pay for a name to some degree u can. Don't get me wrong they are great tires nut for mostly on road use it's a bit overkill. But that's my own opinion and u know what they say about that. Sorry for the long post hope it helps.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:49 AM

I'm in NH, but we have -20F and tons of snow too, so I'll chime in. Love my Hankook ATM all terrains. Great in the snow and well mannered enough for the summer. Picked 'em up at discounttire.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:48 AM

I don't want to come off like a jerk but the last set of hankook's I had were the cheapest piles of u know what. The tread wore off to fast (ie..20,000 miles)and they didn't wear evenly at all. If you had better time with them I'm glad to hear that but from what I've seen in the past with others and mine first hand use is that they have had them they have had nothing bad luck with them also. I would never put them on my fleet of plumbing trucks. I believe in you get what you pay for. I know that goes against what I said before but I got a deal and I got lucky.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.Heli Stroked Out View Post
I don't want to come off like a jerk but the last set of hankook's I had were the cheapest piles of u know what. The tread wore off to fast (ie..20,000 miles)and they didn't wear evenly at all. If you had better time with them I'm glad to hear that but from what I've seen in the past with others and mine first hand use is that they have had them they have had nothing bad luck with them also. I would never put them on my fleet of plumbing trucks. I believe in you get what you pay for. I know that goes against what I said before but I got a deal and I got lucky.
Well, I certainly hope that doesn't happen to me! I've had good luck so far...

You didn't come off like a jerk at all.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:19 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Kuhmo KL78's or Wrangler Duratracs
Old 01-29-2011, 06:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

they are pricey but i have always had good luck with the bfg all terrains

i have a new set on my 04 ex and went north snowmobiling with my 26 foot enclosed trailer ran through snow all the way tires never faltered gave great predictable traction
Old 02-10-2011, 05:46 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Best for me has alway's been the General Graber at & at2.
Priced pretty good and have always been able to get 55-60K out of them towing constantly.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:56 AM
Mitch

My friend has BFG all terrains and he loves them for winter and summer driving.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:08 AM
one day at a time

BFG AT's are tough to beat, other than the price... Great traction and long life. There is a reason they have been around forever with no major changes. They're just really expensive compared to other tires in the same category. I would recommend an AT over an MT for on road driving everyday of the week. They do better in snow, rain, ice, etc. Can't beat a mud tire in the mud of course, but the AT's are a better all around tire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.