you guys with kumho road ventures or m16's - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009, 08:24 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rockstar Edition Send a message via Yahoo to Rockstar Edition
you guys with kumho road ventures or m16's

alright so Im needing to put tires on my truck soon......and I HAVE ONLY 3 CHOICES....not because that's all I want....but because that's all they make.

I have the toyo open country mt in a 37-13.5-24 right now but want something a little larger so I have a few choices but want your feedback on these wheels and tires....

the choices are......
another set of toyo's.......really kinda the most expensive tire though
kumho road venture kl71- in a 37 or a 38( probably the 38 )
or the super swamper m16( either 37 or 40 )......most likely the 37( va laws suck )

if you have these tires please post up your ride quality and your impression of these tires good or bad, please let me know!!!

Chad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2009, 06:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to InMotionJosh
I had the 38x14.50x24 Kumhos on my old truck...I didnt like them much. I am going with Toyos on this new truck. Think they look alot nicer.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:06 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Rockstar Edition Send a message via Yahoo to Rockstar Edition
I actually like the look of the little aggressive tread pattern on the kumhos, and as far as price is a big reason as to going with the kumhos as well.

Chad

what else didn't you like about them?
Old 03-30-2009, 06:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to InMotionJosh
What price are you finding for the kumhos? I found toyos for 600 each on ebay I think.

As far as what i didnt like abuot the kumhos....I really dont like the look of the side wall. They wore good at first then they seemed to wear really fast all of a sudden.

There was nothing wrong with them i guess. I just like the look of the toyo better.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:14 PM
Banned

I found the kumho for 529 a tire at westkycustoms.com and shipping would be 2214 I believe...that's the lowest Ive found so far, but the lowest for toyos I found was 600+100 shipping on ebay....and as far as the m16s I found through ntwonline for 580/ tire for a 40.

Chad
Old 03-30-2009, 06:26 PM

I have the Kumho's (37x13.5x20) and really like them. but you have to watch tire pressure and keep them rotated if you want them to last. I have about 25k on mine and they still look great.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99250on14inches View Post
I found the kumho for 529 a tire at westkycustoms.com and shipping would be 2214 I believe...that's the lowest Ive found so far, but the lowest for toyos I found was 600+100 shipping on ebay....and as far as the m16s I found through ntwonline for 580/ tire for a 40.

Chad
If you are looking for Kumho MT's KL71, absolutely check out Discount Tire Direct. I did alot of research on this as I was trying to decide for a while on getting the Kumho MT's or the Toyo MT's. I could NOT find a better price on my Kumho's MT KL71(37 x 13.50 x 20) anywhere; no-one else could even touch their price and trust me, I looked at tons and tons of places for prices. I dealt with Mike in the internet/ebay sales division on the phone and he gave me 5% off of my total order if you mention it because on ebay, all of their Buy It Now Auctions get 5% off. Even though I purchased mine over the phone, he still gave me the 5% off, plus free shipping. In the end, I got my 37x13.50x20 Kumho MT KL71 for about $315 per tire shipped back in December 2008. The Toyo's were at least $125 more per tire. The Kumho's will wear good, just keep them rotated often like said before. Road manners are exceptionally good for a MT tire.

WOW, I just looked at their site. I looks like the exact tire I purchased just 4 months ago went up 20%.(from ~$335 to $397) I guess prices are going up across the board. I also says if you find a lower delivered price, they will beat it.

-Brad
Old 03-30-2009, 10:44 PM

I have no experience with any of these tires but I saw one set of the M16's in person and I was really disappointed with the way they looked. It seems like they might run a little smaller than advertisded and much narrower tread than the posted size.

I would be getting Kumho's out of the 3.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:21 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jason.
I've had all 3. Toyos are going to be your best tire, that wears the slowest.

Kumhos in a 38 would ride the best though, because the more sidewall the better the ride. Then again, I just got rid of my 37/22 kumhos because they had 10k miles on them, and were like 1/4 tread.

The SS m16s ride very nice, have a weird road noise, but are too skinny and wear kinda quick. If you want something that will ride the best, go with a 38 kumho or 40 m16, more sidewall better the ride, if you want them to last, go with a toyo all day.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:59 AM
Premium Member

I run the Kumhos and have like 20,000 miles and treads still looks brand new. I am VERY happy with them, all around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.