Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Another wheel / tire question

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  scott250 
#1 ·
Found a local guy selling some OEM wheels. He states they are 16.5x10 (8x170) Will my 285 75 16 (BFG A/T's) fit?

Thanks,

Scott

#4 ·
well they wont fit...285/75/R16 means 285mm wide and aspect ratio of 75 and rim size 16 inches. There is no safe way to put 16 inch diameter tires on a 16.5 " rim. Also look and make sure those tires will fit on the Width of the rim as well...i wouldn't think they would...all the 285/75R16 tires ive seen have a rim width range of 7-9 inches. If you got some new tires that fit those rims then yeah have at it but your current tires wont fit on those rims safely

#5 ·
yeah ford makes a 16.5 but not in a 10" probably 8 or 9" oh just saw the pic. kinda looks like 2 wheels were welded together

#6 ·
here is a link to the tire spec chart for those tires you have ALL TERRAIN KO - BF GOODRICH @ NTW Also i looked it up on Rock Auto website and it looks like all the OEM wheels for your truck are 16x7's (for those pizza cutter tires that come stock) so that tells me that even if they are some OEM wheels they aren't OEM for your truck however ford does have a 170mm bolt pattern but id be more apt to say you've got an 8 on 6.5" bolt pattern.

#8 ·
I would agree with the 6.5", just looking at that measuring tape (which isn't placed to well by the way) center of stud to center of stud directly across (i think thats the right way for measuring even lug count wheels) looks like it wouls be 6.5" I haven't actually measured mine on my 02 so it's hard to say how close 170mm is compared to 6.5" but since he's local just try and throw one on to see if it fits if you have doubts, then start saving for tires...IMO don't buy 16.5 wheels for a few reasons just research it.

#9 ·
These are not factory wheels,Ford never made a OEM 16.5" rim for a superduty(8x170mm)they made them in the older(8x6.5")but only in steel for a single rear wheel model.These look very similar to the factory Lariat or Excursion wheels,but I am pretty sure they are Weld Outbacks,I am also pretty sure Weld was the only company that made a wheel that would accept the factory lug nuts and from the looks of the markings around the lug holes they have the washer marks from the factory nuts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.