Wheel Suggestions for my White F250 Please - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 05:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wheel Suggestions for my White F250 Please

We just bought our second PSD. Sold the '97 F250 in favor of an '01. The new truck has Load Range D tires, and I'm planning to tow heavy so Load Range E tires are needed very soon. During the swap I thought I would get a new set of wheels.

Looking for wheel suggestions for my 2001 White Crew/Short F250 4x4. Currently it is stock ride height, but I plan to level it with the wheel/tire upgrade. The style wheels I like are more business than bling such as Weld, Mickey Thompson, Dick Cepek, etc. I'm having a hard time because looking through the magazines it seems everyone is pushing 20"+ wheels that are painted black. I'm looking at sizes 16.5" - 18". All black paint is right out because it looks too aggressive on a white truck. I prefer painted/clear coated wheels as I don't like to spend my time polishing wheels.

Photos of wheels on trucks would be very helpful. Vendors, feel free to contact me. I'm ready to buy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Maybe I should have posted in the exterior forum? I'm really struggling with a wheel choice. Anyone ever heard of the Alcoa Pro Series? Brand new. Can't find anywhere online that sells them. Alcoa is an OEM supplier so expect that these are OEM quality.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to Cory S
lets see a picture of your truck so we can better help ya!
Old 02-13-2009, 10:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm almost embarassed to do so. We just bought it a month ago and it is stock as a rock. I have the parts for exhaust, chip, intake, gauges, and a front end update on order. I'm waiting to buy the tires and lift/level until I decide on the wheels. It has the stock 16" bulletholes now with Widetrack A/T. yawn.

Here's a pic of our old truck and new truck. The '97 was recently sold. We miss it already. Once we get the '01 fixed up I'm sure I'll like it just as well.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to Cory S
that is a sharp truck i personally like stock wheels they are strong dont pit and always look sharp i have those same wheels on my 2000 and love them! i have my stock wheels on my obs! i had stock wheels on my 01 (she got totaled) and my old ex (she got sold)

syock wheels you just cant beat them IMO
Old 02-16-2009, 02:01 AM

flowmasters (cory) - what lift is on that 01'?
Old 02-16-2009, 09:33 AM

I'm with you..I don't like the black wheel thing... My next set will be chrome plated though. A simple wash and dry when you wash the truck is all thats needed. When(or if, in some cases) you wax the truck do the wheels too. I'm looking at the chrome 18in Pro Comp 6079. Looks like a M/T Classic Lock. The 6059 looks like the old Weld as well.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Can anyone identify these wheels?
Old 02-19-2009, 02:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

idk if you like KMC wheels..but they have a whole bunch from chrome to black..some are more simple if thats what your looking for..and they are a high quaility wheel..i have the KMC XD series Revolver rims..they are black..but not like a shinny black so it should be easy to clean?

heres a link to the KMC website..and a pic of the rims i got
KMC Wheels - like no other™
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel Suggestions for my White F250 Please-revolver_black.jpg  
Old 03-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Believe it or not, I'm still beating myself up over this. I can't decide on a wheel. I was about to buy the MKW M19's but then I found out just how much maintenance chrome wheels can be. I live in St. Louis where they use salt on the roads, so I doubt they would survive more than a couple years with my bad habits. So now I am redirecting my focus to painted wheels. I'm toying with the idea of buying M19's in black, and having them painted silver.

Any suggestions on painted wheels? No black.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.