HAPPY FEEDBACK FRIDAY! Whose up for Trivia Time w/ Tony? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2014, 05:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HAPPY FEEDBACK FRIDAY! Whose up for Trivia Time w/ Tony?

Ok, gonna keep this short and sweet...because reading is over-rated...

Truck:
2002 F350 Crew Cab/Long-bed/Lariat/COMPLETELY STOCK
Plan:
Pro-comp 6.5" Suspension lift/Toyo Open Country MT 37x13.5R17/Mickey Thompson Classic III 17X9's with 0.00offset and 5inch backspacing
Application:
DD, no hauling, short commutes with a couple of long, ~1000 mile trips spread out.
Issues/comments/suggestions/pricing/websites/etc?

ok....go!

Questions of mine:

0) Nitto's or Toyo for 95% asphalt DD?

1) Is 0 offset gonna be a problem? I am running 16X7's stock ford wheels now. If I happened to run into a problem...are wheel spacers a bandade until I find a solution...if so what is a high quality brand?

2) If I measure the top of my wheel wells to the ground, I sit about 3-4 inches shorter in the front end. Will it look dumb to lift 6.5" and still not be level? What are my options as far as levelling but still lifting enough to get 37's with plenty of clearance? SEE MY AVATAR PIC.

3) Better shock options than the ES9000's to consider? ...No I don't have the money for coilovers.

4) What kind of other augmentations will I have to do lifting 6.5"s? Extending brake lines? What else?

*** I wanna have the option of running a 35" tire as well on the same wheels, I figured going less wide on a wheel width was best...also to help with clearance? Am I right on this thinking? Rather than going with a 18X10...plus I am a fan of more sidewall.

*** I really like the look of the Mickey Thompson Classic III's....if I can't use them because of the backspace/offset issue...what other makes are out there that look similar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2014, 12:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony7 View Post
Ok, gonna keep this short and sweet...because reading is over-rated...

Truck:
2002 F350 Crew Cab/Long-bed/Lariat/COMPLETELY STOCK
Plan:
Pro-comp 6.5" Suspension lift/Toyo Open Country MT 37x13.5R17/Mickey Thompson Classic III 17X9's with 0.00offset and 5inch backspacing
Application:
DD, no hauling, short commutes with a couple of long, ~1000 mile trips spread out.
Issues/comments/suggestions/pricing/websites/etc?

ok....go!

Questions of mine:

0) Nitto's or Toyo for 95% asphalt DD?
I'd look at an all terrain unless you're dead set on a MT

1) Is 0 offset gonna be a problem? I am running 16X7's stock ford wheels now. If I happened to run into a problem...are wheel spacers a bandade until I find a solution...if so what is a high quality brand?
0 offset and you'll be rubbing the leafs. I have -22 and still hit at full lock when off road

2) If I measure the top of my wheel wells to the ground, I sit about 3-4 inches shorter in the front end. Will it look dumb to lift 6.5" and still not be level? What are my options as far as levelling but still lifting enough to get 37's with plenty of clearance? SEE MY AVATAR PIC.
I've got the same lift. Your springs are just worn, once you put the lift on you'll be sitting pretty much level

3) Better shock options than the ES9000's to consider? ...No I don't have the money for coilovers.
mine didn't last too long. Swapped them for some procomp desert runners or something like that. They ride better in my opinion

4) What kind of other augmentations will I have to do lifting 6.5"s? Extending brake lines? What else?
You shouldn't need anything except what's included. The lift includes a sway bar link drop bracket and carrier bearing drop bracket for the driveshaft. My brake lines get a little tight when the axles hang free. Just keep an eye on things

*** I wanna have the option of running a 35" tire as well on the same wheels, I figured going less wide on a wheel width was best...also to help with clearance? Am I right on this thinking? Rather than going with a 18X10...plus I am a fan of more sidewall.
the offset is going to affect your clearance (if I'm understanding you correctly). With a 9 or 10" wide rim you'll have plenty of side wall to protect your rims from curbs with 13.5" wide tires .

*** I really like the look of the Mickey Thompson Classic III's....if I can't use them because of the backspace/offset issue...what other makes are out there that look similar?
I'd say go look on 4wheelparts.com for a rim you like. I don't think that 0 offset is going to work.
I'm no expert but I've got a similar setup. Answers in red.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Colby thanks! Good info here!
Old 06-11-2014, 11:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok so I switched to a Pacer 164 Wheel 17X9, 8 on 170mm, and a -12 Offset...I hope this is enough to accomodate the 37's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.