Cheapest for 37X12.5r18 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2014, 08:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cheapest for 37X12.5r18

Looking to buy tires soon and I was wondering where the best deals are out there. Tires I'm looking at buying are Procomp Xtreme A/T, BFG KM2, or something else if there's anything better in that tire size out there (37x12.5r18)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2014, 02:02 PM

Check out the Yokohama Geolander AT/S in that size. I got a quote of $1200 for a set (pre-Tax) at Discount tire.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Do you know of anyone who has had good luck with the geolanders? I did a little googling and there seems to be a bunch of reviews with poor longevity and wear on superdutys and heavier trucks.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:16 PM

No, I don't unfortunately. I have seen some negative stuff too but everything I have seen has been from way smaller sizes and I figured those folks might not be used to an all-tertian tire. I have talked with Dan at Carli and he said "they're great". When you factor in the savings over a pro comp or a BFG, you could almost buy two sets, LOL
Old 06-05-2014, 02:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hmm well dang man.. That price point has really got me thinking but I can't help but think I want something with a more agressive pattern. I occasionally go out hunting in national forests, my own land and down gravel and clay packed roads. Just not everyday. Trying to kill two birds with one stone is what im trying to say here But If Dan is saying that I really will have to think about it. Has Dan used em alot?
Old 06-05-2014, 02:25 PM

I hear ya, they are just a little on the mild side for me too but for the savings in noise and nice drivability, I'm planning on them. I saw 2 trucks at their shop with them (customers, not employees) but I doubt he has a bunch of experience with them as they seem to love the Toyos. One of them was on their Facebook yesterday or the day before. Throw a comment on their, maybe the owner will respond.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I gotcha I 'm running toyo mts now but I'm just wanting to change things up right now. I'm really liking the procomp xtreme ats but I keep getting mixed reviews on it. The tread wear is guaranteed at 40k too.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:29 PM

Check this out, someone beat us to it. https://www.facebook.com/CarliSuspen...type=3&theater
The Following User Says Thank You to Clean-15 For This Useful Post:
banjoman4 (06-05-2014)
Old 06-05-2014, 02:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well that's one vote for the geolanders. Any others worth mentioning that are slightly more aggressive. Just wanting to keep options open. But geolanders are winning at the moment
Old 06-06-2014, 07:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjoman4 View Post
Well that's one vote for the geolanders. Any others worth mentioning that are slightly more aggressive. Just wanting to keep options open. But geolanders are winning at the moment
Lol, a lot more than one. They're HUGE with our Dodge customers as they're a bit on the smaller side for a 37 (actual is 36.5) and are super light, like 72lbs. each i think? They're quiet and soft so they're a super plush tire, people consistently see 50-80K out of them depending on driving style and they have awesome float in the sand. The only downside is they're D rated and get super squirrely under heavy loads. Unless Toyo makes a 37/12.5 ATII by the time I burn up my 35's, I'll be grabbing Yokos next.

I would link you to a bunch of threads on DTX (Dodge Trucks Xtreme) where a bunch of guys swear by these tires if they didn't require you to sign up to view them. If you're unfamiliar with what we do with our trucks, check out the video link in my signature; we're not nice to our vehicles so that's a testament to this tire.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OCVeloMan For This Useful Post:
banjoman4 (06-06-2014), Clean-15 (06-06-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.