Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Cheapest for 37X12.5r18

7K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  powerstrokeshellback 
#1 ·
Looking to buy tires soon and I was wondering where the best deals are out there. Tires I'm looking at buying are Procomp Xtreme A/T, BFG KM2, or something else if there's anything better in that tire size out there (37x12.5r18)

#2 ·
Check out the Yokohama Geolander AT/S in that size. I got a quote of $1200 for a set (pre-Tax) at Discount tire.

#4 ·
No, I don't unfortunately. I have seen some negative stuff too but everything I have seen has been from way smaller sizes and I figured those folks might not be used to an all-tertian tire. I have talked with Dan at Carli and he said "they're great". When you factor in the savings over a pro comp or a BFG, you could almost buy two sets, LOL

#5 ·
Hmm well dang man.. That price point has really got me thinking but I can't help but think I want something with a more agressive pattern. I occasionally go out hunting in national forests, my own land and down gravel and clay packed roads. Just not everyday. Trying to kill two birds with one stone is what im trying to say here :rofl: But If Dan is saying that I really will have to think about it. Has Dan used em alot?

#6 ·
I hear ya, they are just a little on the mild side for me too but for the savings in noise and nice drivability, I'm planning on them. I saw 2 trucks at their shop with them (customers, not employees) but I doubt he has a bunch of experience with them as they seem to love the Toyos. One of them was on their Facebook yesterday or the day before. Throw a comment on their, maybe the owner will respond.

#10 ·
Lol, a lot more than one. They're HUGE with our Dodge customers as they're a bit on the smaller side for a 37 (actual is 36.5) and are super light, like 72lbs. each i think? They're quiet and soft so they're a super plush tire, people consistently see 50-80K out of them depending on driving style and they have awesome float in the sand. The only downside is they're D rated and get super squirrely under heavy loads. Unless Toyo makes a 37/12.5 ATII by the time I burn up my 35's, I'll be grabbing Yokos next.

I would link you to a bunch of threads on DTX (Dodge Trucks Xtreme) where a bunch of guys swear by these tires if they didn't require you to sign up to view them. If you're unfamiliar with what we do with our trucks, check out the video link in my signature; we're not nice to our vehicles so that's a testament to this tire.

#12 · (Edited)
One more vote for the Yoko Geos, I had a set of 37x12.5x20 on my truck. Quiet, smooth, fantastic in snow, stable in the rain, pretty good in the muck. My truck isn't a toy that I play in the mud on the weekends and I'm not really into that kind of thing so I don't really know what a dedicated mud tire is like. I go wherever, whenever, all over the country for work and sometimes the jobsites are in some hard to reach places or site roads haven't been maintained or we are in ahead of the road even being built yet. A very versatile tire for someone that needs an all weather all terrain tire that is also tolerable for lots of highway miles. Only real downside I can think of would be the D rating for anyone who hauls heavy. Well, that and they doesn't have big knobs on them in case you need that to impress your friends. Other than that they just flat out work. I ran mine until almost 70,000 miles but they were almost racing slicks at that point. They were out of stock nationwide in my size and couldn't wait any longer so I ended up having to go with another option.

And if you are worried about durability on heavy trucks like ours, Bulletproof Diesel runs them on their Baja Super Duty chase truck.

#13 ·
Discounttiredirect.com has them for 352$ a tire! Damn that's cheap for a 37" tire. Tire Automotive tire Text Font Automotive wheel system

Sent from a phone I found at the bar

#15 ·
And tirerack.com has them for 319! Tire Automotive tire Text Product Automotive wheel system

Sent from a phone I found at the bar

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.