35" Tire Options - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2014, 06:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
35" Tire Options

Morning - looking to upgrade (probably next year) my current wheel/tire combo on my lifted Ex. Looking at 20" wheels - found a few I like. I want to run a 35" tire. Budget is of course a concern and I know you get what you pay for. I see deals for Federal M/T and Fuel M/T a lot. Anyone review them?

I'd like to have a nice quiet ride. Aggressive tread looks cool but not mandatory. Also must have an E load rating (I think all 35's do?) - as I tow a 10K pound trailer a couple times a month.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Don't know much about those two tires you asked about, but Nitto makes the Trail Grappler in 295/65R20. They measure around 35.6" tall and 11.8ish" wide. The load rating is around 3800lbs. per tire @ 80 PSI. I'm not saying there isn't one, but I don't know of any 35x12.5 or wider tire that has that load rating or can handle that much air pressure. I personally don't like the feel of the 35x12.5 when I'm towing. I just put a set of the Nittos on my 08 recently and I am well pleased. I also tow around 10k regularly and tow 15 to 20k occasionally. Hope this helps.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:55 PM

Iv ran the two your asking about pulling 8k to 10k almost every day fuel wasn't a bad tire only got about 35,000 miles out of the fuels and the fedarls lasted all of two months before they blew out I know people that like them and they ain't bad in price but I was out 1200 dollars for two months of driving on them I ended up getting nittos liked them really good and seen about 45 to 50,000 miles out of them hope this helps
Old 06-12-2014, 10:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Check out the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar, LT285/65R20. They're almost 35 inch outer diameter (34.8) and has 3860lbs of payload @ 80 PSI.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:09 AM

Thanks Everyone! I also saw a Hankook tire (cant remember the name) - but haven't seen many reviews on it now. FWIW I currently run Terra Grapplers (325-65/18). They only have a D load rating - and not a huge fan of them.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:46 AM

I'm a big fan of Toyo tires.

On the '03 SD, I put 60K on a set of Open Country A/T's, and 45K on a set of Open Country M/Ts. I sold the truck with the M/T's on it, and I'd guess they had a good 10K left in them.

The A/T's are quieter for certain, and do well in any on-road situation.. great for packed snow and ice etc but not real impressive off-road. The M/T was more to my liking.

I put 12.50/35/20 M/T's on my '14 and love 'em. 10 ply tread, 10 ply sidewall... one tough tire. Not cheap, but as you said, you get what you pay for.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:50 PM
Premium Member

I just replaced my Toyo MTs. Went from 275/65/20 to 295/65/20. Got 40k on the 275s. I think the 295s Toyos are the perfect size tire for a leveled Super Duty - especially one that hauls or tows. While not cheap, they are 10 ply, have a 3 ply sidewall (many tires don't and in my opinion this is important to a "sure footed" feel on these trucks), and have a load rating of 4,080 lbs each at 80 psi. No 35 x 12.50 tire has this kind of capacity.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:20 PM

I just put on fuel 20" wheels and Toyo AT II extreme tires in size 295/65 R20 and so far I like them. There is a noticeable hum to them but not overly loud, they look aggressive for an AT tire and from what ive read wear well with regular rotations. Ordered them with lugs from Mrwheeldeal. Was a little skeptical at first but they had the best prices i found online, the only downside was they took a little while to be delivered. When they arrived they were packed up nicely on a pallet and there was no damage to them from having the tires mounted or shipping. I had the nitto terra grapplers on my ram 2500 and they were ok, they wore decently but weren't so hot in the snow and rain. Anyway good luck with your wheel/tire hunt if you want pics or measurements on my set up let me know!
Old 06-24-2014, 05:30 AM

thanks everyone!!! leaning closer to the toyos!!
Old 06-24-2014, 06:24 AM
Premium Member

Don't know if you ever looked at Hankook At or cooper tires make some nice tires also. And I think the coopers are made in USA. I am going to get some next week and still not sure what I am buying yet. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.