2014 with 17x9 and 37x13.5 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2014, 12:02 PM
RLTW!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2014 with 17x9 and 37x13.5

alright so on the 2014's the brake calipers are bigger and some 17's won't fit and some 17's will fit. Thing is, no one can really tell you yes or no. You just have to find out on your own.

I went to pick up my 17x9 KMC Misfits and 37x13.5 toyos. The guys I did business with knew about the issue and wanted to try them on first, as did I. I don't have the lift on my truck yet so the obviously had to jack it up to get the huge wheel and tire in there.

I was very worried it wouldn't fit. That would mean I would have to pay to ship it back and get a bigger wheel. Definitely don't ever want to pay more for something or wait longer for that matter. Luckily, they fit. The Balance weights were close but didn't touch the brake calipers. So, I'm confirming the fit.

Now I just have to wait for the suspension kit to come in. These toyos are Awesome. I'd post pics but i must need to have a certain number of posts before I can post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2014, 04:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Did you check the fit on front and back. In 2013 Ford went with a bit larger rotor diameter on the front and a much larger rotor in the rear. It's now the same size as the front. And like you mentioned, the calipers are beefier too. But the calipers are different front and rear. I would be concerned that a wheel that clears the caliper in front may not clear in the rear due to some small difference in the shape of the caliper.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:45 PM
RLTW!

Nope, and as I was driving home I thought about that. The guys at the shop did say it would fit the rear if it fit the front. Me, being an idiot didn't press the issue. Looks like ill be taking another trip over there. Thanks.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:40 AM
RLTW!

I checked the rear today at my buddies house. The rear cleared better than the front believe it or not. The front caliper is Beefier all around where as the rear is just wider. In the front just to be safe I may move the balance weights just to be safe.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:44 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

lol I remember a trip to discount tire my buddy took

got home and all the tape weights were smeared off by the caliper

why were you so dead set on a questionable sized rim ?? why not just the next size up ?
Old 06-01-2014, 12:38 PM
RLTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
lol I remember a trip to discount tire my buddy took

got home and all the tape weights were smeared off by the caliper

why were you so dead set on a questionable sized rim ?? why not just the next size up ?

I originally was planning on running a 35x12.50 on my stock 20"s. My plan was the Carli Pintop 2.5 and I knew a lot of guys were running that same set up. After talking with George and Dan about what would give the best ride, they both suggested going with either an 17-18" wheel 00 offset and 5 Backspace.

I saw a picture of the 17 misfit and 37's online and loved it. Then I saw the price and it fit my budget perfectly. Without knowing about the caliper issue I made the order. Thank God they fit.

My main goal for the lift was for the best ride. Height of the lift didn't matter. Weather 2.5" or 4.5". In the end I decided 4.5" would be the best.

Did your buddy bring them back and have them move the tape weights?
Old 06-04-2014, 07:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That's really good information! I was told the 17's fit with no wheel weights and that was the only way. This is fine as we never balance our tires so it wasn't a concern. It is, however, nice to know that it fits for future reference. I'm looking forward to your ride report! 37's on 17's with a 4.5" pintop is an AWESOME ride!
Old 06-04-2014, 08:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCVeloMan View Post
That's really good information! I was told the 17's fit with no wheel weights and that was the only way. This is fine as we never balance our tires so it wasn't a concern. It is, however, nice to know that it fits for future reference. I'm looking forward to your ride report! 37's on 17's with a 4.5" pintop is an AWESOME ride!
You can still get 17's on the '13+ trucks from the factory but with the slightly bigger calipers some wheels have issues with the stick on weights.

I'm going to start a thread about confirmed 17" wheel fitment right now so that we can hopefully build a list of what 17's fit the newer trucks.

Link to new thread: Confirmed 17" Wheel Fitment List for 2013+ Trucks!

Last edited by Skyd Ram; 06-04-2014 at 09:01 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:03 AM
RLTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCVeloMan View Post
I was emailing back and forth with a Rep from Wheel Pro. He said that the 17" Mistfits would not fit. When I told him I put them on and they cleared he said "wow that must be real tight" and that I should have a professional confirm. The guys at Discount Tire were a great help. They throughout the front on and said it cleared fine. I verbalized my concern and they assured me it fit fine. I checked the rear myself and there was a good amount of daylight between the caliper and the wheel.

The install is scheduled for June 16th. Can't wait! I'll absolutely put together a ride report and post some pics. Thanks for your help!

Heres a link to some wheel pictures. Hopefully the link works. First time using photo bucket.

Wheel Clearance Photos by dcampisano | Photobucket
The Following User Says Thank You to GridLine For This Useful Post:
Skyd Ram (06-04-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.