Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

22x14 and 37x13.50 with ??? Lift

25K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  j.mo 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 F250 6.0 and currently have a 4" lift with 37's. I am wondering how big I will have to go with 22x14 and 37x13.50 wheel/tire setup? Will 6" do it? Or should I go 8" to be safe? I am interested in the Moto Metal 962 in black with Toyo M/t, or nitto trail grapplers.

I know this isn't everyone's style, so please no unnecessary comments. Everyone has their own style, let's just show some respect for others builds.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I had my 38/15.50/18 fit on a 6" lift, barely but they did fit. I now have a 7" lift and it has room to spare....

#4 ·
brockadams2002 what lift kit did you go with? I want a good brand but I don't want to pay thousands of dollars for one.

#6 ·
As much as I would love to buy the BDS with fox shocks and all of that, I'm a college student so right now it's not in my budget. I have been looking at the rough country but I've heard they start sagging in the front later, I hate the look of a front end low truck. I just want a good lift, at a good price to run these wheels and tires I want until I can graduate (2 months) and get my full time job started and get a BDS or something along those lines.

#7 ·
go 8in lift if you don't want to trim a 6in you'll have to trim

#9 ·
I would think you'd need 8-10" for 22x14. But I'm not sure.

#10 ·
You are already on 37's with a 4" lift, why do you think you would need to go taller? What are your current wheel specs? The wider wheels are only going to push the tires further outside the fenders edge. I'd be more concerned with the back space/ offset of the wheels.

The look you are going for is def not my style, but if you are already on 37's ...do they scrub now? If so, where?

#11 ·
37" tires are definitely going to need at least 6" of lift for a 2005. That is with a normal backspace around 5".
But with tires and wheels hanging out of the wheel wells like Mickey Mouses ears who's to say what clearance you need.
Not only does that look: pathetic awful and shameful it also looks stupid. Not to even touch on the fact it's dangerous and unsafe because of the mis-distributed weight load on the wheel bearings.
But if that's what turns you on I will keep my comments to myself. :)

#14 ·

That's 22x14 with 37x13.5 and an 8" superlift with 3" leveling spacer. Granted I has 2" wheel spacers also but it still catches my lower valence from time to time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.