Mickey Thompson ATZ p3 Tire Review!!!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2014, 02:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Mickey Thompson ATZ p3 Tire Review!!!!!

Hey fellas, figured Id do this review since i kinda went out on a limb and bought these tires when there arent many reviews out there. I will update as I get miles on these as well

Tire- Mickey Thompson ATZp3
Size-305/55/r20
Rim- Fuel maverick 1 piece machined 20x10 -12 offset

5/9/14- initial update
Picked them up today and mounted them up. Looks department, these tires look awesome. big beefy tread pattern with good amount of siping. little hum on the highway with the windows down. If i put the windows up I prolly wouldnt hear much of anything. I will double check with windows up next time. running 60psi up front and 55psi out back. truck tracks straight as an arrow. When you let off the throttle the truck will still coast good. my old trail grapplers would start slowing me down fast when i let off.

ride good, low noise, look great and Im very happy with them. will update as I encounter wear, mud traction, wet traction, and maybe a few passes at the track

Pics(taken before i put air in them so they look low on air up front)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2014, 06:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm looking to up size to a 35 myself, ATZ or MTZ, haven't decided yet. Looking forward to your review. Do know why these tires aren't as popular as the Nittos or Toyos. Plus these tires have a 50 k mileage warranty don't they?
Old 05-11-2014, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajc722 View Post
I'm looking to up size to a 35 myself, ATZ or MTZ, haven't decided yet. Looking forward to your review. Do know why these tires aren't as popular as the Nittos or Toyos. Plus these tires have a 50 k mileage warranty don't they?
Mickey thompson is a bigger brand but they tend to be more expensive so people go with nitto or toyo that are a little cheaper and stocked almost everywhere. these atz ps's had to be ordered in but he had nittos and toyos in stock. Im not sure on the treadwear warranty. i know they have a limited lifetime warranty through MT. a guy on the forums bought a set of the old MT atz's used and had an issue with them and MT refunded him the cost of the tires and he bought them used so i thought that must be some good customer service and he went ahead and purchased the new atz p3's and loves them. everyone ive talked to really likes them. I pm'd every person i could find that had them on them forums and all had good things to say and with the mail in rebate going on it was a no brainer. i got them for a good deal to begin with also.

5/11/14 update

RAIN!!!! it was pouring yesterday so i got to hit some serious water puddles. storm sewers were backed up so water was all over the roads. the tires didnt hydro-plane or have any issues even with all that water at speeds. (i read a review saying these tires hydro plane so just wanted to put that to rest). wet traction was great. no problems with spinning under normal acceleration. i sometimes have a problem with this when their is no weight in the back of the truck but they did good. still rating this tire a 10/10. mud and wear updates will come as i get more miles on these.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Any more news on how these are performing and wearing? Would love to know more.... Thanks
Old 11-17-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMC View Post
Any more news on how these are performing and wearing? Would love to know more.... Thanks

Wear wise they are doing great. Just rotated them. They are at about 15k miles and still look new. I love the tires. They do great in everything I've thrown at them. We just got snow today but my transmission is messed up so I didn't get a chance to see how they did in the snow. If you have any specific questions. Let me know

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 11-28-2014, 12:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mickey Thompson ATZ p3 Tire Review!!!!!-imageuploadedbyag-free1417164170.921575.jpgMickey Thompson ATZ p3 Tire Review!!!!!-imageuploadedbyag-free1417164186.939098.jpgMickey Thompson ATZ p3 Tire Review!!!!!-imageuploadedbyag-free1417164209.421206.jpgMickey Thompson ATZ p3 Tire Review!!!!!-imageuploadedbyag-free1417164233.508503.jpg

I just added these 35/12.50r20 on my stock rims on my 12 lariat. Had a set on my 08 that I traded for the 12...loved them had to get another setMickey Thompson ATZ p3 Tire Review!!!!!-imageuploadedbyag-free1417164415.883262.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.