Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Nice medium sized, quiet tire

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  truckfan 
#1 ·
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone can make some suggestions on a nice medium sized quiet long lasting tire.

I'm doing some research for my dads tires he's going to put on his 03 f250 and he is considering:

BFGoodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM2 LT255/85R16E1 123Q W

is there anything that the board prefers in a similar size? for price and durability as well?

Purchased online or instore is of no difference we're looking for the best deal either way.

edit: these are going on a truck with OEM wheels and upgraded suspension components @ oem lift height. we would prefer not to rub

#3 · (Edited)
I run the BFG a/t's. Have for years and they do a great job for me. They are awesome in the snow. They are not as good in the mud as the m/t. But for highway they are great. No noise that I can tell. They wear very slowly and have no issues with the hot temps in the summer. They even tow well.
I even run these on my wife suburban.

#4 ·
My dad runs 255/85/16 toyo mudders on his bone stock 02
Toyo also offers that size in the M55, which is a super hard and long lasting tire .

In that skinny size, the motor is louder than the tires. It's when you get up to 315 wide and up the tires really start to hum

#5 · (Edited)
I have cooper discoverer at/3. Noise isnt bad but ive only put on like 10-15k and they seem to hold well. I use my truck for work so im a lot of highway city off road mtn rd mix. I love them. I think i have 305 75 16

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.