Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Help With wheel width for BMF Novakanes

3K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  TXST8tj 
#1 ·
I'm stuck on these wheels now. Just not sure on the width to get.
They come in:
20x9 +0 offset, 5.00 BS
20x10 -19 offset, 4.75 BS.

I want the 20x10's (naturally) but want to make sure I can get away with this size with only a 2" leveling kit.
I have a 2012 F350 SRW 4x4 with fenderflares

PLEASE, Somebody tell me it will work so I can order these *****es today!

#2 ·
Tire size?

#5 ·
I have the carli 2.5" lift and 9"wide wheels. I'm confident if I had used 10" wide wheels or less back spacing that my 35; 12.5's would rub when turning. Maybe it's different for the newer fords my gut says go with the 9"

#6 ·
haha, well too late for that. I got a couples messages from members on here that said the 10's would work. Might have some slight trimming to do on the front bumper bracket but should be good other than that. As soon as I get them I will post pics & results on the rubbing.

#7 ·
Ok, glad you got some info other than mine I could only give you my experience and since I have the same tires and wheels except for the wheel diameter (which doesn't matter here) I was just trying to help based on my experience. I had to pull the inner plastic wheel liner in on the rear of the front wheel well on both sides and one side still rubs slightly when turning. I did not have any problem with the bumper. Honestly I wish the lift was a 3" or that I had chose the 4.5"

#9 ·
Mine is an 06, I know they are similar but maybe the newer trucks are a little differen

#10 ·
On paper since the 10's have a lower offset that will push the tire out side the fender well more which would help it from rubbing on the inner liner. But, thens when you run more risk of rubbing the bumper bracket. Either way, I know there are tons of guys running 10's. So if I have to do a little trimming, so be it. I can't wait to put them on. Truck looks funning right now lifted with fender flares and stock, half bald tires.

#11 ·
Sounds like you have done your homework so you should be fine. Look forward to the pictures.

#13 ·
I have a late 99 I bought 315/75/16 mickey thompson mtzs. Im looking to put them on my truck. I am looking for wheels and found these Moto Metal MO951 MO9516987312 Rims Set of 4 16x9 12mm Offset 8x170 Gloss Black | eBay

Will these wheels fit on my truck without any chance of rubbing issues or will I need more than -12 offset?

#16 ·
Finally got mine installed this past weekend. Could not be happier with the setup. The 20x10 with -19 offset does kick the tires out a couple inches from the body, but it looks mean. I am giving consideration to a set of pocket flares, but only so I will be able to keep the truck clean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.