Skyjacker extended length brake lines - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sabarnes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2014, 07:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Skyjacker extended length brake lines

I am looking a putting a 2.5 in front -5 in rear Readylift on soon. I have the lift and the instructions require moving the front brake line down on the frame about 2inches. I'm not to keen on rebending the factory hard lines so I am looking at the Skyjacker#825-FBL84 Front Brake Lines 2008-2010 F250/F350 Pickup Super Duty 4WD 4" Lift lines.

The problem is I am reading reviews that state they are not long enough, and don't fit the factory clips. Reviews for the same vehicle describe them as the same length as the stock brake lines. Does anyone have any expirence with them?

All the product descriptions have said the same thing. For 2-4 in lift but nothing on actual length. I have even asked 4wheelparts.com and recieved a canned answer.

They also make Skyjacker #825-FBL86 Front Brake Lines 2008-2010 F250/F350 Pickup Super Duty 4WD 6-8" Lift lines. And again no information on actual length of the brake line.

I would rather spend the extra money for extended length brake lines than risk damaging the hard lines but I need more information before I decide to hit the shop and tear things apart only to find out they ARE the same length.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2014, 07:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Bump. Maybe some input from a vendor?
Old 02-06-2014, 12:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have used skyjacker, I had a 4" lift made by Skyjacker a while ago. Biggest waste of money I have spent on the Jeep so far
Old 02-19-2014, 06:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

So I finally recieved an iffy answer of the Skyjacker extended length brake lines were 35 in long. Not sure what the actual pproduct looks like.

Because I couldn't get a clear answer and thanks to reviews here on the forum I went with Crown. Really impressed with them. Not only are they very clear that the lines are extended length flexible line not additional hard line. But they showed up with factory style mounting brackets on both the front lines.

Can't wait to get them on to move forward with the lift.
huck2080 likes this.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Contact Cary at ct performance. He can get you lined out. He's a forum sponsor too.

Brett
Old 02-21-2014, 08:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Just in case any one else is looking at Crown extended length brake lines. This is the kit for a 4 inch extended brake line set 2008 F350 Lariat SRW CCSB 4X4 6.4L.
Attached Thumbnails
Skyjacker extended length brake lines-20140221_215628.jpg   Skyjacker extended length brake lines-20140221_215615.jpg   Skyjacker extended length brake lines-20140221_215639.jpg   Skyjacker extended length brake lines-20140221_215648.jpg  
Old 02-22-2014, 02:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

There is a video at the bottom of this link that shows how to flip the brake line. I ordered this kit last week. I know your looking for a 2.5 lift and this is a 3.5 lift. Hope this helps out not sure what you bought.

Stage 4 - 3.5" Front / 3.0" Rear 2011-2013 Ford Super Duty SST Lift Kit
Old 02-26-2014, 09:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks Ive watched the video. Looks like the 08-10 have a different set up for the brake line than the 11-13. Mine is straight line from metal tube to the mount and joint to the flex line. With the Crown lines I won't have to drill the holes to mount the lines 2" in lower and i don't have to re-bend the metal line to reach the extra two inches. Besides with the price I bought the lift for compared to the listing prices I did well enough to buy the Readylift 69-2516TP and the Crown extended lines for the same price as most are selling just the Readylift. Now to get time in the shop to get everything installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.