99 F250 pizza cutter tires? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2014, 12:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
99 F250 pizza cutter tires?

So I just picked up a nice rust free 99 F250 SD Powerstroke with what looks to be a 4" lift and stock aluminum 16" wheels and it needs tires.

Here is a pic.

The current tires are kinda small and nearly done anyway so I was wanting taller All Terrain tires but I don't want wide tires!

I like MPG and I cant stand how wide tires can get grabby on a road crown etc.. Not to mention the noise. Also, this truck already rides rough with the lift kits spring packs so a taller side wall may make for a better ride.

I have seen a few posts about 255/85-16 and those seem to fit the bill (but I have yet to see a pic of that size on a truck like mine) I have to wonder what else I should consider. I gotta say that size is kinda spendy compared to other sizes so I think I should take some time and look at other options.

The truck may tow a small camper or a car hauler but nothing like a backhoe etc..

Opinons for a tall skinny tire?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2014, 02:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It seems that 33x10.5 in a 16" wheel is not common. There has gotta be a tire thats not $230 each that will give a bit more height without adding width out there...right? I dont even need off road, just a all season tire.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

im running a 285/75/16

its about 32 inches tall, and about 11 wide, maybe slightly wider.

the standard size for a 4inch lift is 35's or 315's, but you dont want a wide/super tall tire.

whats on their now 265/75/16's?

and there is no cheap tire for these trucks.

mastercraft or cooper makes good tires that are not as pricey.

and better shocks will drastically improve the ride quality.
a set of bilsteins would help a lot, but they are 300-400 bucks, so your looking at more money.

shocks would probably help more compared to different tires. its not like the tires you are running are on a 20 inch rim where there is no sidewall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.