8" Lift Tire Size Help-- 2006 6.0 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2013, 07:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
8" Lift Tire Size Help-- 2006 6.0

My last F250 (8" Fabtech lift, 20x12 Fuel Hostage Deep -44 offset, with 37x13.50 Open Country MTs) was stolen a few months back. Finally got everything settled with the insurance company and bought another 2006 this past weekend. I am ready to order parts for it and have a quick question.

I am going to the 8" BDS 4-link system this time and will be running the exact same wheels but in black (20x12 Hostage Deep -44 offset). I am struggling to find 37s in a decent price but found a complete package on Ebay with 38x13.50. I previously had to trim about an inch of the front inner wheel well to accommodate the 37x13.50 on my old truck. The only time I would hear anything was at full turn but it annoyed me enough to trim that back part of the lining a bit. Think I will have to cut out even more with the 38x13.50? If so, I may just wait until Toyo produces more tires and fills in back stock at some of these places with long wait times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2013, 08:35 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Rookie View Post
My last F250 (8" Fabtech lift, 20x12 Fuel Hostage Deep -44 offset, with 37x13.50 Open Country MTs) was stolen a few months back. Finally got everything settled with the insurance company and bought another 2006 this past weekend. I am ready to order parts for it and have a quick question.

I am going to the 8" BDS 4-link system this time and will be running the exact same wheels but in black (20x12 Hostage Deep -44 offset). I am struggling to find 37s in a decent price but found a complete package on Ebay with 38x13.50. I previously had to trim about an inch of the front inner wheel well to accommodate the 37x13.50 on my old truck. The only time I would hear anything was at full turn but it annoyed me enough to trim that back part of the lining a bit. Think I will have to cut out even more with the 38x13.50? If so, I may just wait until Toyo produces more tires and fills in back stock at some of these places with long wait times.

You had 37x13.50 and had to trim. Now you're going to 38x13.50 and you want to know if you'll have to trim more?

Yes
Old 10-17-2013, 08:38 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The specifications on Toyo's site says...

So the 38x13.50 is .7" taller and .3" wider. I really don't think that's a big enough difference for it be noticeable.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:05 AM

Also, Air pressure makes a big difference in this equation. If you're running full PSI and are unloaded, you can definitely air them down some. That'll help with clearance
Old 10-17-2013, 10:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I wasn't expecting not to have to trim at all...I was just curious if I am going to have to get crazy with the Dremel. I just want to make sure I wasn't taking something into consideration where 1" in extra tire leads to 5" more of cutting.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:13 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You could always get a small wheel spacer. I saw a bunch of 1/4" & 1/2" wheel spacers on ebay, just search "8x170 1/4"
Old 10-17-2013, 11:36 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Stay away from the wheel spacers unless you buy the best of the best which get very expensive dont buy that cheap stuff off of ebay.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:32 PM

i run 38x15.50x18s and it dont rub anywhere. but then again i have custom front fenders.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WideFord View Post
i run 38x15.50x18s and it dont rub anywhere. but then again i have custom front fenders.
Who makes you fenders?
Old 10-17-2013, 04:20 PM

I have the Hannemann fiberglass kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.