Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Novakane pitting solution

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Evil Eye 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I've had my death metal novakanes for about a year now and I'm starting to see some corrosion on the aluminum portion of the rim. I think it's clear coated there so anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this?
Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 ·
No road salt here. No winter either. But let me tell ya, things get pretty destroyed here in Hawaii. Well I guess there is road salt now that I think about it. But it's coming directly from the ocean via our "trade winds"

Thanks for the link. I know I have a little more delicate situation seeing that I don't want to ruin the black painted portion of the rim and the etching side is clear coated. I guess I have to sand off all the clear coat first before I do anything? Sounds like a ton of work.

#4 ·
ah, yeah, that could definitely be it. It looks like etching to be honest and if that's the case, then the clear has some issues anyway. Sanding is the only way to eliminate it. Please keep us posted if you go down this route. The pitting is one of my concerns since I'm running the same wheels, although we don't have any snow here in the desert.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.