Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Off-Road Rims?

984 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Horizon122 
#1 ·
#3 ·
are you planning on airing down any? if so, how much? what kind of offroading? might look into a set of beadlocks, if you're going serious.. they can be ordered for about the same price in sizes up to 22's.. if not i've got a set of chrome weld rockcrushers in a 17" i'd let go for the price of 2 of those wheels lol. PM if interested.

#4 ·
Airing down? (Sorry I'm a bit of a noob in some areas haha)

Just mudding, tails, dunes, nothing to serious and I looked into beadlocks but they're too expensive and what they do isn't exactly what I want. I just want the look like the rims I posted.

#5 ·
airing down is deflating the tires to allow a better sidewall flex and better traction in certain situations.. its popular in rock crawling and sand riding.. in the sand you only drop to a certain psi so the tire will "float" on the sand. rock crawling usually tends to go down to like 3-15 psi which is where beadlocks come in to keep the tire from unseating..

If it's only trails, and recreational riding, normal rims should be fine.

BTW, PM replied :thumb:

#6 ·
Yea I don't plan on doing rock crawling like how most imagine it. Just simple small rocks and such if they're in the way. I live on the east so no sand for a few miles lol.

So I'm just interested in street locks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.