Discount Tires Opinions? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 08:51 AM
Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Discount Tires Opinions?

Hey i know obviously this is the "discount tire" section but what are your opinions on them? They are finally building one here and hopefully will be finished soon because i need tires in the next few months. What kinda deals do you guys typically see vs buying online and installing at local shop. I need 6 tires for my dually and obviously is a big chunk of change so are they good at working out deals with mount and balance etc.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have had better luck with NTB than Discount but both have offered the "low price promise" where after shopping with local competitors they claim they will beat the OTD price as long as my other quotes are on paper. None have come close to the online pricing per tire but after shipping and then paying someone to install I find its always less to just buy straight from the local store.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

We encourage you to come try us out. We would love to earn your business.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:16 AM
Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
Well i would like to if your building is build before i need new tires
Old 08-08-2013, 12:08 PM

I ordered a set of Cooper ATP 285/70/17's for my truck about a month ago, I went to discount tire direct and saved right around $100 for my tires. $50 off, no tax, and free shipping.... I got all four for $806. You couldn't beat it versus picking up from the store. And the best part?? I woke up the next morning and the tires were being delivered from UPS. The order took less than 24 hours, and the tires were at my door... My credit card was still hot hahaha. Unfortunately I haven't been able to put the tires on yet, as I need to do some work on my ball joints and such and haven't had the chance to get the work done.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:46 PM

I have ordered three sets from discounttiredirect.com. Two wheel and tire packages and one set of tires for my old truck. Obviously the wheel and tire packages are the way to go as you get them mounted and balanced to your door and just have to put them on. With the tires I just called around to local shops and found one that would mount and balance for 20 a tire. That was still much cheaper then buying that size locally. This was before we had local discount tires. Have 2 now. Overall very satisfied.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

In my experience Discount Tire (also called America's Tire in my area) have always had the best price. Even times when they were already lower than the competition they have taken more off the price at the time of purchase. Other than the money factor they have always taken really good care of me and my tires. They have always rotated my tires and fixed flats at no charge. Even on tires that were not purchased from them that were on my vehicles from the previous owner. I'd recommend them to anyone.

Also I just wanted to add that in my case they have lower prices at my local Discount Tire store than on their direct online website.

Last edited by newbstroker0373; 08-08-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

We appreciate the kind words and referrals everyone
Old 08-08-2013, 04:41 PM

I like ours. Free lifetime rotate/balance, and haven't ever had an issue with the few I've been to.
And usually cheaper than all the local stores. But you can do that when you're a huge, national chain and the little stores have no choice.

Only gripe I had was the "salesman" who helped me at the counter. I told him what size, what tire, and I was buying them and installing them right then and there. He said "price is $7xx.xx with (tons of words as fast as he could speak, quietly) and slipped in the free lifetime replacement. If it was someone not listening, he woulda sold them. But I don't fall for that and don't put up with it. He didn't price just tires, and then offer everything, he added it without me asking. If that's company policy, that's a piss-poor way to get return customers. The right way is to just ask and list the benefits.

Last edited by jesilvas; 08-08-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post

I encourage it to

god knows I've spent a couple paychecks in there the last few years and can't beat there road hazard warranty/ price

let see my sets of 4 tires
hankook atms x2 (my old f150(also got my rims for it at the same time) i sold and my current f250)
Goodyear MT/R with Kevlar on my bronco(bad *** tires btw)

not to mention ive taken one of my cars and fiancee cars that I didn't buy tires from them that had air leaks in them and they have fixed small air leaks free of charge.

so im 100% happy with them, just wish they did alignments haha, and pretty sure my next set when i upgrade my 33s will be from them to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.