tires rubbing - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-25-2013, 01:52 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
tires rubbing

Hey guys...need some help here..im running 315/75r16 tires on my truck...would like to get wider tires and wheels but with what I have now..the tires hit the leaf springs on both side...any suggestions?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 07-25-2013, 02:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ogden, UT
Posts: 2,469
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usmcmudslinger View Post
Hey guys...need some help here..im running 315/75r16 tires on my truck...would like to get wider tires and wheels but with what I have now..the tires hit the leaf springs on both side...any suggestions?

Thanks
The correct offset/backspacing on the new wheels will prevent them from rubbing your leafs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 07-25-2013, 06:06 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fallon, Nv
Posts: 2,395
Thanks: 50
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Kinda need more details like what wheels are you using now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 07-26-2013, 05:35 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
im running 315/75r16 and theyre not wide enought fore me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 07-26-2013, 05:57 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fallon, Nv
Posts: 2,395
Thanks: 50
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
At this point, tire size is irrelevant, the proper sized wheel will enable a wider tire to fit better. Besides, a wide tire on a skinny rim 1. Makes said tire look thinner. 2. Tends to ride on the center of the tread when pressured up.

So, what rims are you using?

Karl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 07-26-2013, 09:55 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karls03 View Post
At this point, tire size is irrelevant, the proper sized wheel will enable a wider tire to fit better. Besides, a wide tire on a skinny rim 1. Makes said tire look thinner. 2. Tends to ride on the center of the tread when pressured up.

So, what rims are you using?

Karl
Has 16 regular rims..I wanna change that to a wider rim...sry im not too good with rims and tires...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 07-26-2013, 10:12 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fallon, Nv
Posts: 2,395
Thanks: 50
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Now we're getting somewhere. Look at the pics of my truck in my profile, the BFGs are the same size you're rolling, but on a 16x10. You may not need tires to reach your objective, you may only need wider wheels.

Karl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 07-26-2013, 11:58 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karls03 View Post
Now we're getting somewhere. Look at the pics of my truck in my profile, the BFGs are the same size you're rolling, but on a 16x10. You may not need tires to reach your objective, you may only need wider wheels.

Karl
Nice truck...I want something about an inch or 2 wider. .what would you recommend for that and to get enough backspace so that it wont rub?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 07-26-2013, 12:06 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fallon, Nv
Posts: 2,395
Thanks: 50
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If I wanted wider, then I'd go to a 325 or 355 on a 12inch rim. The problems are that they don't come in 16s, and I think that the 355s are 36 inches tall. Either way you need new wheels. Personally, I would have never mounted 315s on such a narrow wheel.

Karl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 07-26-2013, 12:33 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karls03 View Post
If I wanted wider, then I'd go to a 325 or 355 on a 12inch rim. The problems are that they don't come in 16s, and I think that the 355s are 36 inches tall. Either way you need new wheels. Personally, I would have never mounted 315s on such a narrow wheel.

Karl
I didnt do it...the previous owner did...I figured id get to liking them but nope...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors