Rimzone experience - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 07:37 PM
Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rimzone experience

Well back in May (2mo ago) I placed an order with Rimzone for some Motometal 962s in 20x12 and at first was told they would be unavailable for a week, ok ill wait, then it became 2 weeks 3 weeks 4 weeks, after 6 weeks of not being updated on my order status and my card being charged from day one. I decided it was time to cancel the order, Called em up and spoke with one of the guys who apologized for not informing me that the manufacture pushed em out till late sept before they were available and ended up-selling me on a similar wheel (Gear 726 in same size and spec) for the additional $200 I expected a higher quality wheel, got them two weeks ago and found that one wheel had grinder marks under the powdercoat and looked like $#!* called em up the next day and was told to send pics to their warranty department, ended up being a non existent email address, called back and spoke with another guy and sent pics directly to him, was told that fedex would be picking up the wheel from me and then theyd send me a new wheel when it was received, well after waiting a week and fedex not picking it up i went to the drop off location and they tell me that the shipping info is no good and wont ship the wheel unless i pay.

thats where im at right now still have a damaged wheel and nothing done to fix it. Heard plenty of good reviews on these guys and for the price i couldnt resist has anyone else had this sort of experience? all i want is my new wheels so i can mount em up with the bigger tires and get my truck back on the road lookin nice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2013, 07:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

do something with the credit card charge before it's to late
Old 07-18-2013, 07:49 PM
Chapter Director

yea im debating denying the charges, Seems as if im either being shammed here or something, i do have all the wheels in my possesion but not happy with one of them
Old 07-19-2013, 02:37 AM
Premium Member

Never had an issue with them.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:44 PM
Chapter Director

Received the replacement wheel today. Had a run in the paint!!!! Maybe it's the quality of wheels gear alloy produces. Who knows I'm not really happy with all of it but it is what it is at this point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.