Aftermarket Wheels and new Tires - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2013, 02:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Aftermarket Wheels and new Tires

I am looking to replace my stock rims and tires on my 05 F-250 CC Lariat FX4. The truck came with the optional 18s and I want to go with 20s this time. My question is about fitment, my truck is stock as far as the suspension goes, but I have ordered a Tuff Country Leveling kit 2.5 inches I think. The XD Addict rims I am considering are 9 inches wide and the tires I like are Nitto Terra Grapplers in LT295/60R20 E126Q Height is 34.45 and width of 12.36 the XD wheels have a -12 offset. Will this set up rub or have clearance problems, and do I need any other items to install the leveling kit? I really don't want to go any taller with the truck as my wife (short], and my parents (handicapped} have trouble getting in now.

I have a very good quote for the setup shipped to me mounted and balanced for under 2200.00. At least I think it's a good price. The best local price I have is a little over 2500.00

Let me know what you think, I am lost when it comes to this and look forward to your response.

Also what's a fair price to ask for the old setup or should I keep them. The rims I would rate a 9 with all the center caps. and the factory Continental have 5-6 32s left on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2013, 04:29 PM

As far as fitment, the stock wheels are 8" wide with a +40 offset. So going to a -12 9" wide, you are putting those wheels out almost 3" further then stock! Better have some fender flares.

You should be looking for a 9" wide wheel with an offset between +24 and +12.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:39 PM

That's what I was afraid of. I just have the stock Lariat flairs on the truck. So I will need to find other wheels as I really don't want them sticking out.

Any other opinions ??
Old 07-16-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAW-DOG View Post
That's what I was afraid of. I just have the stock Lariat flairs on the truck. So I will need to find other wheels as I really don't want them sticking out.

Any other opinions ??
The tires you have selected are 2nd to none. I Love my LT295/70R18 terra grapplers. They are much stronger then the oh so popular 35x12.5R!

I would pay $300 more for the local shop if this included some kind of warrenty/free flat repair/ ect. Over buying them online.

IDK what your old wheels/tires are worth.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:20 PM

Should work just fine that's wat I run on my truck and am no were near needing fender flares...only difference are the tires...
Old 07-16-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda22 View Post
Should work just fine that's wat I run on my truck and am no were near needing fender flares...only difference are the tires...
Koda there is a huge difference between your truck ('04) and the OP's truck ('05).
Old 07-17-2013, 04:14 AM

I understand that Koda22 truck has the leaf spring set up and I am on coils, but did they really change the setback to that extreme of difference? As I stated before I really am lost when it comes to this area, and I need assistance before I make a bad mistake!!! Anyone else have a thought?
Old 07-17-2013, 07:52 AM

Your '05 has a wider track width which requires a different offset.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:14 AM

I run the same wheel only 17" on a +18 offset. Tire sticks out about 1.5 - 2" or so. Tires are Nitto Terra Grapplers 295-70-17.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAW-DOG View Post
I understand that Koda22 truck has the leaf spring set up and I am on coils, but did they really change the setback to that extreme of difference? As I stated before I really am lost when it comes to this area, and I need assistance before I make a bad mistake!!! Anyone else have a thought?
the axles on 05 and up are 4 inches wider than 04 and older. this required the offset change from a 8 inch wide wheel with a 0 offset to an 8 inch wheel with a plus 40 offset.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.