Anyone running wheel spacers? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-15-2013, 06:28 AM
7.3 4 Ever! Nothing else!
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,169
Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Anyone running wheel spacers?

Anyone running wheel spacers?

What sizes are you running?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 07-15-2013, 07:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 635
Thanks: 4
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000-7.3L View Post
Anyone running wheel spacers?

What sizes are you running?
Why? Do you have specific questions about them?

I'm running 2" spacers and have for years. Now let me tell you how the rest of this thread is going to go

Post #1 -I run wheel spacers

Post #2 -I dont run wheel spacers and never would

Post #3 -Wheel spacers are the most dangerous thing ever! (but this guy posting has never run them himself. Just relies on what he's read on the interwebz or heard from a buddy)

Post #4 -Wheel spacers are fine, just need to spend $1million on quality aluminum melted down from the rocket boosters on Apollo 13. ONLY then are they safe to run

Post #5 -Make sure you get wheel and hub centric. (someone will make a comment about how they're stronger than the stock wheels or that dually's run them from the factory)

Post #6-10 -These posts will be all the people that run spacers and have finally chimed in. At this point you'll hear how great fred goeske is and to visit wheeladapter.com. You'll also hear from Cary.

Then.... this thread will die like all the other wheel spacer threads!

Enjoy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 07-15-2013, 07:55 AM
7.3 4 Ever! Nothing else!
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,169
Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred3297 View Post
Why? Do you have specific questions about them?

I'm running 2" spacers and have for years. Now let me tell you how the rest of this thread is going to go

Post #1 -I run wheel spacers

Post #2 -I dont run wheel spacers and never would

Post #3 -Wheel spacers are the most dangerous thing ever! (but this guy posting has never run them himself. Just relies on what he's read on the interwebz or heard from a buddy)

Post #4 -Wheel spacers are fine, just need to spend $1million on quality aluminum melted down from the rocket boosters on Apollo 13. ONLY then are they safe to run

Post #5 -Make sure you get wheel and hub centric. (someone will make a comment about how they're stronger than the stock wheels or that dually's run them from the factory)

Post #6-10 -These posts will be all the people that run spacers and have finally chimed in. At this point you'll hear how great fred goeske is and to visit wheeladapter.com. You'll also hear from Cary.

Then.... this thread will die like all the other wheel spacer threads!

Enjoy
WOW that is good LOL

The only reason i made this thread was because my tires are rubbing on my leafs and i thought wheel spacers may solve the problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 07-15-2013, 08:02 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 635
Thanks: 4
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000-7.3L View Post
WOW that is good LOL

The only reason i made this thread was because my tires are rubbing on my leafs and i thought wheel spacers may solve the problem?
I completely forgot! There will also be a post about "just run the correct backspacing on your wheels and you won't need spacers"

Yes, spacers will move your tires out away from your leaf springs but will also put them closer to your front valance and inner fender (at the back of the tire, at full lock). Make sure to measure this. These are easily trimmed though, where as rubbing your leaf springs is a PITA


I am running 2" with 12" wide wheels and 15.50" wide tires. I'm running the 2" to clear my front leaf springs. The guys running coil front ends don't have to worry about this and are often the ones posting negative responses about wheel spacers

Last edited by bigred3297; 07-15-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 07-16-2013, 06:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wellington Nevada
Posts: 8,533
Thanks: 1
Thanked 27 Times in 27 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
We have spacers..These are U.S. Alcoa 6061t6 billet aluminum, Lifetime warrantee, hub-centric and wheel-centric The spacers are roughly 3-5 times stronger than the Ford cast 20" wheels .

2" spacers will work without needing to cut off your existing wheel studs



We can get you 1.25-1.5" spacers but you will have to trim the studs shorter. But the back space with then be 4.5" and the rim will set like factory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 07-16-2013, 06:38 AM
7.3 4 Ever! Nothing else!
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,169
Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Performance, Inc. View Post
We have spacers..These are U.S. Alcoa 6061t6 billet aluminum, Lifetime warrantee, hub-centric and wheel-centric The spacers are roughly 3-5 times stronger than the Ford cast 20" wheels .

2" spacers will work without needing to cut off your existing wheel studs



We can get you 1.25-1.5" spacers but you will have to trim the studs shorter. But the back space with then be 4.5" and the rim will set like factory.
How much $$$ we talking right now? I have so much Crap im trying to get done to this truck and slowly running out of mney. Still has to get body work done and painted!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 07-16-2013, 07:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wellington Nevada
Posts: 8,533
Thanks: 1
Thanked 27 Times in 27 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
PM will be sent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 07-16-2013, 07:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 635
Thanks: 4
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Performance, Inc. View Post
We have spacers..These are U.S. Alcoa 6061t6 billet aluminum, Lifetime warrantee, hub-centric and wheel-centric The spacers are roughly 3-5 times stronger than the Ford cast 20" wheels .

2" spacers will work without needing to cut off your existing wheel studs



We can get you 1.25-1.5" spacers but you will have to trim the studs shorter. But the back space with then be 4.5" and the rim will set like factory.

I'm running these and am very happy with them. Quality product and fast shipping!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 07-16-2013, 08:32 AM
Ordnance on coordinates

 

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Camden County
Posts: 1,153
Thanks: 4
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i just became interested in the 2in spacers. post pics when you get them on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 07-17-2013, 09:42 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,632
Thanks: 26
Thanked 59 Times in 59 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
:r ofl: Wheel spacers are fine, just need to spend $1million on quality aluminum melted down from the rocket boosters on Apollo 13. ONLY then are they safe to run!!!

that is possibly the best thing I have read all day

I ordered 1.5's from ebay but havent got them on yet. I have an 04 and even with the better off set rims I was able to find they still rub the leafs and it drives me BAT$#!T I am trying to keep them in the wells but also keep em from rubbing. so I HOPE it is a good move. if I have to trim the stock studs so be it I will only have to do it once
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors