355/70R17 questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 02:35 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
355/70R17 questions

so I sold my bald 38in toyos few months back and got some 315/75r16 for cheap but they look goofy with an 8in lift from superlift...

found some 315/70r17 tires i think a 36.6x14 with 17in rim.

they look like nitto terra grapplers on black procomp wheels. looks like maybe 10 or more 32's tread think they are worth 600$ and 40 in gas then mt n balance?

I dnt know if 17s are hard to find size like should i stick with my 16s or?

thanks guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2013, 02:44 AM
Serving Our Country!

sorry they are **355/70R17 **not 315s like the ones im running now.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:38 AM
Premium Member

$600 for everything? How wide are the wheels? I put 365s on a 10 inch wheel and honestly, I should have had them on the 12s that my buddy put them on for one of his off road toys.

I've been having a heck of a time finding a set of 365s for a price that didn't make me gasp. You may want to consider dropping it down to a 4" or 6" lift and keeping the 315s. That would cost less than the $600 for these tires/wheels.

Oh yeah, found this, too. It was the first hit when I Googled that tire size, they are pretty spendy tires to replace. 355/65-18s are Tire Rack are cheaper new.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/355-70-17-TO...sories&vxp=mtr

Last edited by Karls03; 07-15-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:33 PM
Serving Our Country!

guy said the wheels at a 9in wide, so they could be a 10 but I know 10 and 12 in wide wheels arnt a true 10 or 12. hes gonna check the tread depth when hes off work I was thinking offering 450$ since hes an hr away but I got extended break line and for a good 4in lift im gonna spend upwards of 1300$ so im just kinda lookin at options etc...
Old 07-15-2013, 01:39 PM
Premium Member

Wheel width is measured inside lip to inside lip, anything else is wrong. That being said, if they are a 9 inch, I'd pass. That tread depth could be coming from the OUTSIDE tread, not the center. Most people inflate to the number on the tire, ignoring the word MAX. This is why my 365 Toyos wore out the centers first.

When we took my buddy's truck down from 8", we put in 4" front leafs and took out the shorter of the two rear blocks (his 8" used block + rear add-a-leaf). Even used the same shocks, no worries. He was only out the cost of new front springs, about $300. We cut more threads into the rear u-bolts and shortened them up also.

Even for $450 ($ comes first) I'd pass. Those tires are WAY spendy for the size to replace. I've seen 38s for that much.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Last edited by Karls03; 07-15-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:50 PM
Serving Our Country!

ok, sounds good to me. I didn't think about adding more threads to my current u-bolts the only problem if I have a leaf lift in the rear as well no oem blocks or oem leafs so I would have to find an oem lift and a block or rear 4 if leafs which from what i've seen can't fin any even close to 300, ive looked at zone, bds, revtek, fabtech, superlift, ranch, rouch or tough country, procomp etc...

found a 4in zone but i need a pair of rear oem leafs etc... I just used to like monster trucks but can't park anywhere in CA haha.

thanks for the input really appreciate it.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:00 PM
Premium Member

Rear leafs that's a cat of a different color. I thought I was the only one who thought blocks were for building houses. kinda between a rock and a hard place there, bud. If you go down, a factory spring pack and a 6" block should be where you want to be. I bought my rear Pro Comp springs from Summit for less than $400 for the pair.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 07-15-2013, 02:05 PM
Serving Our Country!

lol I used to be all about blocks, and a full leaf pack didn't make ride or axel wrap any better from what ive seen haha. I'll look into procomp then thx. bds has a pair but for like 323 each they also have the "no fine print no questions asked lifetime warranty though"

guess I just gotta buck up and save haha

thx again man. I'll be posting a 8in super lift for sale soon lol.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:11 PM
Serving Our Country!

would a 4in front zone lift and 5in rear superlift springs be a huge difference ya think? under 160$ a piece for 5in rear superlift springs summit racing etc...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.