nitto vs bfgs - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 06:53 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
nitto vs bfgs

ok so i got my wheels figured out lift figured out and what size tires i wanna run but im having trouble deciding what i want. i have had nitto trail grapplers on my cummins when they first came out and i kept them and put them i my duramax when i got rid of the dodge. the nittos did very well for me and lasted pretty good but everyone in my town has them now and i dont want to be like everyone else so i am looking at bfgoodrich at ko i do alot of driving around town and i also do alot of driving on gravel roads but i need a tire that can get me through a field when its a little wet and can get me through a little mud if need be i dont take my truck mudding because it tears stuff up. anyone run these? are they good or bad or have any suggestions on something thats gonna look good and perform good?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2013, 07:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

BFG's on my last truck always held gravel

My storage area had gravel and the lakes around Me had gravel

probably about a 1/2 size so it was always chucking them into the wheel wells at higher speeds
Old 07-05-2013, 07:18 PM

thats what i have read but im not sure what to get i love my trail grapplers but since everyone intown has them and toyo mts i wanna get something different that looks aggressive and lasts and does what i need them to do i really dont care about noise
Old 07-05-2013, 07:51 PM

look at Procomp Extreme they did Me awesome 50k

My Toyo Mt's are wearing waay to fast

other than those I don't have any personal experience other than Big tires
Old 07-06-2013, 09:14 AM

Pro comp X terrains are great , i love them
Old 07-06-2013, 11:48 AM

Hankook Dynapro MT, I got a buddy that has them on his Dodge 2500 Cummins and his truck goes through a lot of mud. I had 325/65r18 BFG AT KO's on my 2010 F150 and if I wasn't in 4wd I wasn't going anywhere in mud. Actually Me and a buddy in a stock 2011 GMC 1500 with 275/65r18 Goodyear Duratracs had a compitition to see who could go farther in the mud in 2wd. Funny thing is I went first, got stuck, he pulled me out. Then he went bounced through my ruts and made it to the end in 2wd... Also if you live in a place with snowy winters I'd suggest Goodyear Duratrac's. I run them on my F350 and its gone through some mud and snow with no problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.