Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2004 wheel fitment

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Karls03 
#1 ·
Hey all, I'm looking into buying a set of used ballistic wheels they are 18x9 and the guy says they will fit a 99 and up superduty. Is this a correct statement as I have a 2004 f350 srw, I just want to be sure before I buy. Also he says they are a 5 1/2 offset. Does that sound right?

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
99+ all has a 8x170 bolt pattern. But 99-04 has a 0 offset 8" wide wheel stock and 05+ has a +40 offset with a 8" wide wheel. They went to a wider axle with the coil suspension in 05+, so thats why the offset changed.

It sounds like he meant to say 5.5" Backspacing. I would post the offset/backspacing chart for you, but I am having technical problems... Google Image search "offset vs backspacing" and you should find a chart with 10x more info then you need.

#3 ·
Karl, where are you? I can never remember B.S.ing required to clear the leafs on 99-04, and without my chart I am lost.

#5 · (Edited)
Sorry, I was watching TV instead of patrolling the tire/wheel thread like I should have been. :(

I think 5½" back spacing for a 99-04 is a little deep. If possible, test fit the wheels before committing to buy. The wheels will fit, sure, but the tires could contact the leafs at full steering arc.

For those who don't know, I have 10s with a 4.5" backspace (-25 offset). With 12.50s there's no issue, but the 14.50s that I had rubbed/limited steering SOME at full lock. Therefore I think your 5.5" backspace may not work.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#4 ·
Ok thanks for the reply BIG, after looking at the chart it looks like the 5.5 backspace on the 9" wide rim will be a +12 offset, I would hope that clears, the guy says they were on his 01 7.3L so I guess they wouldn't rub as long as I don't go nuts with tire size. If anyone can shed a little more light on this before tonight when I go to pick them up Thatd be awesome! Thanks again

#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.