super singles - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 05:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
super singles

Looking to put super singles on my truck bought a set with adapters and the tires were too big with my lift. They are 385/65 22.5 which measures to about a 43 and I have an 8 " lift in the front and 11.5 in the back. If I lifted the front another 2 inches would I be able to fit with out getting cutout flares or shoukd I just find a smaller tire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2013, 07:56 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I don't think that 44s are going to fit with an 8 inch lift. I'm thnking that you'd need at least a 12 inch lift. I'd also recommend a 5.13 gear with that tire, too.

Sent from my LG-VS700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 05-09-2013, 08:42 AM
Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karls03 View Post
I don't think that 44s are going to fit with an 8 inch lift. I'm thnking that you'd need at least a 12 inch lift. I'd also recommend a 5.13 gear with that tire, too.

Hit the nail on the head right there. i have 13 in of lift with 44s and i still have to have a small bump stop to prevent rubbing. I also have 5.13s and i can run 65 mph at 2500 rpms in 6th gear so i dont drive the interstate unless i have to so maybe you would be closer to 4.88s since those super singles are alot lighter than my 44 boggers
Old 05-09-2013, 09:38 AM

So really I should get smaller tires for the super singles and get the front up another two inches to get me ten inches front 11 rear and try to get auper singles in more of a 40"size.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormc View Post
So really I should get smaller tires for the super singles and get the front up another two inches to get me ten inches front 11 rear and try to get auper singles in more of a 40"size.
If you have 8 inches front and 11 inches rear and it sits right (which it should because they had no lift front and 2.5 or 3.5 blocks rear from Ford), then 10 inch front lift and 11 inch rear would make it nose high.

Before running a 40 inch tire, Super Single or otherwise, I'd check with a custom lift manufacturer to see what they recommend.

To find the proper gear, divide the new tire by the OEM tire: 40/31.5=1.27
Multiply the rate of change by old gear: 3.73x1.27=4.73.

A 4.56 or 4.88 would work there. If you're not towing/hauling, 4.56 would work out best for you.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:56 AM

The truck sits 3 inches higher in the rear right now. So if I put spacers and an adjustable track bar I coukd get the front up to 10 " which woukd give me a slight rake to it without too much. I'm just not having too much luck finding super single tires by looking online.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:04 AM
Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Your probably going to have to go somewhere that sells semi tires like a freightliner dealer
Old 05-15-2013, 09:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have a 10 inch lift on my f250 and all i could clear were 39.5s (tried 40s and they would not fit). Also I have an International Cxt with super singles 445/65r22.5 and I can tell you that it is hell trying to find them for a decent price if you are looking at the ones with a rugged tread pattern. heavytruckparts.net has used ones from salvage yards that are sometimes decent prices. Ebay sometimes has a couple.
if you are going to buy them new, the major brands with nice tread patterns are 700 and up last time i checked.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

check out americanforcewheels.com
Old 05-20-2013, 04:15 PM

Theres a guy on the forums that did super singles without much lift but had to do some trimming. I think it would take quite a bit of lift to clear ss' s without damage/rubbing.
I think the 40" ss' s would be the best route imo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.