Quick Rim Question (Lip Depth for Deep Dish) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 01:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quick Rim Question (Lip Depth for Deep Dish)

So Im at a cross roads. I want the 20inch Fuel Throttle rim, but I dont know if I should go with the 20x10 or the 20x12 rims. I want the nice deep dish look. My question is, does anyone have the lip depth for each rim.

Are the 20x10s lips smaller than the 20x12 rims? If anyone has the lip depth for 20x10 and the lip depth of 20x12 that would be AWESOME! I cant tell if the 20x10s are smaller or the same. I really hope someone can help me out with the depth of each rim. Thanks in advance guys! I wanna order these as soon as possible!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Fuel Hostage 20x12 -44 . Hope this helps ya
Attached Thumbnails
Quick Rim Question (Lip Depth for Deep Dish)-lip.jpg  
Old 04-03-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTSmith View Post
So Im at a cross roads. I want the 20inch Fuel Throttle rim, but I dont know if I should go with the 20x10 or the 20x12 rims. I want the nice deep dish look. My question is, does anyone have the lip depth for each rim.

Are the 20x10s lips smaller than the 20x12 rims? If anyone has the lip depth for 20x10 and the lip depth of 20x12 that would be AWESOME! I cant tell if the 20x10s are smaller or the same. I really hope someone can help me out with the depth of each rim. Thanks in advance guys! I wanna order these as soon as possible!
Depends on the offset of each wheel. A 12" wide wheel with a 0, -24, -44, ect... will all have different "lip depths".
Old 04-03-2013, 10:36 PM

The 20x12's have all the extra width added to the outside of the wheel, so they have 2" to 2-1/4" deeper lip than the 20x10's.

Here is a link to the 4wheelparts info on those wheels, if you compare the backspacing on each you will see that the 20x10's have 5" and the 20x12's have 4.75" which means that the outer edge of the 20x12" wheel is 2-1/4" out farther from the hub.

Chrome - Wheels
Old 04-03-2013, 11:24 PM

Thanks guys! I think I'm going to go with the 20x12 with -44mm offset. I just wasnt sure where the extra depth went between the 2 different sizes. Thanks for the pics, the offset explanation and where that extra depth went. I appreciate the quick replies as well!
Old 04-03-2013, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Thanks guys! I think I'm going to go with the 20x12 with -44mm offset. I just wasnt sure where the extra depth went between the 2 different sizes. Thanks for the pics, the offset explanation and where that extra depth went. I appreciate the quick replies as well!
What tires you going to run? Your stock wheels were 8" wide 0 offset so about 4.5" backspacing (to the wheel not tire). Those 20x12 -44 have about 4.75" backspacing. What I am trying to say, is if your getting a wide tire, you will be rubbing the leafs...

Old 04-04-2013, 12:15 AM

I was going to get the Toyo Mt 37x13.5x20 tires. Currently I'm running 35s on 16s. Not sure of the offset or backspace on them now since they're painted. But the lip depth on them is about 5 inches I believe. The tires I have now I'm pretty sure (not gonna go look since its 115am right now) but if I remember correctly, they are 315/75/16 which is 35x12.5x16. And my tires don't rub at all. Going with the bigger rim with the larger offset would help keep the tire away right? Basically just increasing the rim and tire size so it would be the same distance as it is now?

Last edited by LTSmith; 04-04-2013 at 01:04 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:33 AM

13.5" should be ok. Slight rubbing near full lock. Just glad your not doing 15.5"+.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I was going to get the Toyo Mt 37x13.5x20 tires. Currently I'm running 35s on 16s. Not sure of the offset or backspace on them now since they're painted. But the lip depth on them is about 5 inches I believe. The tires I have now I'm pretty sure (not gonna go look since its 115am right now) but if I remember correctly, they are 315/75/16 which is 35x12.5x16. And my tires don't rub at all. Going with the bigger rim with the larger offset would help keep the tire away right? Basically just increasing the rim and tire size so it would be the same distance as it is now?
Im looking to do something similar to you but the issue im having is not that it will rub on the inside, its that with the wider rim pushing the tire further out, which causes clearance issues with the tire rubbing the backside of the front fender at full tilt.

I have 37's on an 18x9 with 4.5" BS and -12 offset and when I turn the out edge of my tire is only about .5" from the back side of the fender.

Just something to consider.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.