Are Fuel Mud Gripper tires the same as Tri-Ace Mud Gripper? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 10:08 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Are Fuel Mud Gripper tires the same as Tri-Ace Mud Gripper?

Hey all. Been looking at the Fuel 38x15.50r22's because Toyo doesn't sell a 38x15.50 for anything bigger than a 20" rim. I just saw pictures of someone with 35x13.50r20 Tri-Ace Mud Gripper tires on a different website, and thought I'd check them out.

Here's a Link

Does anyone think that Fuel's mud grippers might be produced by Tri-Ace? Tri-Ace and fuel both have a 35x13.50r20 as well as a 38x15.50r22, they're the only company I've seen with that size 38's.

Here's Fuel's tire lineup.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 11:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I never seen either of those. I didn't know Fuel started making tires. They look just like Toyos to me, and that is a tire size I've always thought would be a hot seller that nobody made - now someone does 38s for 22s, sweet.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:24 AM

There are lots of threads on here with people saying fuel tires are toyos. I am no positive they are, just positive I have seen people say they are.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:40 AM

For every Fuel tire I've seen, there's a Toyo tire that looks identical. Maybe it's just a coincidence... Hmmmmm....
Old 03-24-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFSTUFF View Post
For every Fuel tire I've seen, there's a Toyo tire that looks identical. Maybe it's just a coincidence... Hmmmmm....
The thing is Fuel has a 35x13.5r20 and a 38x15.5r22 that Toyo doesn't make, but Tri-Ace has those sizes. Makes me think Tri-Ace is knocking off Toyo with their tread pattern and sidewall design, then Fuel is having them produce their tires with Fuel's name on the sidewall and only in the larger rim sizes because Fuel doesn't care about making stock sized replacement tires.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-24-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG Laing View Post
There are lots of threads on here with people saying fuel tires are toyos. I am no positive they are, just positive I have seen people say they are.
I think that just comes from the similarity in the tread design, but I have yet to find a person post pictures of their truck with fuel tires.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-24-2013, 01:10 PM

Well, knowing that the Toyo's seem to be a little bit off the stamped size, wouldn't it be funny if the Fuel's were also a little bit off than the stamped size, which could make them the same?

Again... Hmmmmmm...
Old 04-06-2013, 10:05 AM

Not that anybody has paid much attention to this thread, but I can confirm 100% that Fuel tires are made by Tri-Ace.

The 38x15.50r22's after taxes and levies are $920 per tire locally. God bless Canada.

Toyo MT's are made in Japan, these are made in China. So I think Tri-Ace knocked off the Toyo design and then Fuel has the sizes they want branded with their logo at a cozy markup.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushin View Post
Not that anybody has paid much attention to this thread, but I can confirm 100% that Fuel tires are made by Tri-Ace.

The 38x15.50r22's after taxes and levies are $920 per tire locally. God bless Canada.

Toyo MT's are made in Japan, these are made in China. So I think Tri-Ace knocked off the Toyo design and then Fuel has the sizes they want branded with their logo at a cozy markup.
Thanks pushin! You going to drop $4K on tires?
Old 04-06-2013, 01:36 PM

No, I try not to support our local crooks. Found the same tires in the US for 2400 for the set. What I normally do with large purchases from the US is get them shipped to a warehouse in Montana just across the border. Whenever anything gets shipped to Canada we get raped on "brokerage" fees - I've had a 200 dollar part get stuck with 300 dollars in brokerage fees. This warehouse I use charges about 30 bucks to receive and hold a set of wheels and tires, so I'll get em shipped down there and pick them up.

I got a quote for ****s and giggles, and the 4 38x15.50r22's and 4 Fuel Driller wheels mounted, balanced, and installed was just a hair under 8 grand. That's about the same price as the wheels, tire, and the fabtech 10" system from the US.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.