xd strike and 35s - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 07:54 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
xd strike and 35s

So looking to get reviews, suggestions, pics whatever info related to a pair of 20x10 xd strike chrome with 35x13.50x20 tires, going on a 2003 f250 SD with 7.3L, 4 inch lift ext cap short bed. Not sure on the tire brand yet but looking at cooper discoverer sst, mickey thompsons mtz etc. Any recommendations to other brands with those size?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2013, 08:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsot54 View Post
So looking to get reviews, suggestions, pics whatever info related to a pair of 20x10 xd strike chrome with 35x13.50x20 tires, going on a 2003 f250 SD with 7.3L, 4 inch lift ext cap short bed. Not sure on the tire brand yet but looking at cooper discoverer sst, mickey thompsons mtz etc. Any recommendations to other brands with those size?

Thanks in advance.
I like Nitto/Toyo. Do you know what offset/backspacing you need?
Old 03-16-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG Laing View Post
I like Nitto/Toyo. Do you know what offset/backspacing you need?
I believe the needed backspacing is -24. Not 100% sure as most people run 12.50 wide tires but I am looking for more of a "bulldog" stance.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsot54 View Post
I believe the needed backspacing is -24. Not 100% sure as most people run 12.50 wide tires but I am looking for more of a "bulldog" stance.
The stock offset is +40. So going to a -24 is moving centerline of the wheel out 2 1/2". Plus 1/2 the extra width compared to stock. That will be a wide stance!
Old 03-16-2013, 06:16 PM

The largest (highest/most positive) offset you could fit (without rubbing the radius arm) is a +10.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:56 PM
Let's go B's!!!!

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Re: xd strike and 35s

You should be just fine with that set up. Most 20x10 wheels will be a- 24. That is exactly what most lift manufacturers require for offset on that truck when it's lifted. A -24 on a 10 is 4-1/2" back space. That's perfect for a 4" lift with 35's. It's the same exact backspacing as a 20x9 with a -12. The extra inch in the wheel will be to the outside though since the bs is the same. You'll run into a little rubbing possibly on the inner fender well and the front bumper lower valance. No big deal though easily trimmed and pulled back.
I have 35/13.50/20 Cooper stt's on my truck.... they are ok..... about half tread left and I have 26,000 miles on them.
Hands down the best lasting mud there is out there is the Toyo open country muds. It's not even close.
I got 72,000 miles out of my last set of Toyos and they will easily still pass inspection. The only reason I got these coopers on there now is, I work at a 4x4 shop, so I got these for $240 ea. For that price I had to try them out. My next set with be back to Toyo though..... and my next set..... and the set after that.......and the set after that...... lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 03-16-2013, 07:00 PM
Let's go B's!!!!

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Re: xd strike and 35s

BTW to be honest....don't get going up on the fact that Cooper is a 13.50 since all of Toyos and Nittos 12.50's measure roughly 13.00-13.50 wide anyway. I see no difference in width in my Coopers to my Toyos.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
BTW to be honest....don't get going up on the fact that Cooper is a 13.50 since all of Toyos and Nittos 12.50's measure roughly 13.00-13.50 wide anyway. I see no difference in width in my Coopers to my Toyos.

yeah I had noticed that. Some brands list the tire as a 12.50 but when you look at the specs some are over 13in in width...I wasnt sure if different makers measure different locations or what the descrepency was caused frrom, Thanks a ton for the advice.

I believe I will be going with the 20x10 strikes and toyo open country MT. I have a set of coopers sst and I like the lack of noise and I am getting ok wear myself, could be better but...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.