Need advise!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 02:55 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need advise!!

So wanting to put a level kit on my 2013 f350 and im getting mixed information from local shops.The kits i have seen are 2.5in. Is an alignment needed after this? also there are alot of different kits out there and im not sure what one to go with. Is it as simple as putting spacers in or is there better kits with new shocks and brackets etc.... Just want something that rides like stock and isnt cheap but not to pricey. Thanks for any input. Also at the same time i will be putting on a set of 35x12.50x20 tires and rims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 11:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by walnutz View Post
So wanting to put a level kit on my 2013 f350 and im getting mixed information from local shops.The kits i have seen are 2.5in. Is an alignment needed after this? also there are alot of different kits out there and im not sure what one to go with. Is it as simple as putting spacers in or is there better kits with new shocks and brackets etc.... Just want something that rides like stock and isnt cheap but not to pricey. Thanks for any input. Also at the same time i will be putting on a set of 35x12.50x20 tires and rims.
Icon or Carli is the only products I would put under my $55K 8K Lb truck. I think pucks over the coils should be illegal like blocks under leaf sprung front ends.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:08 AM

ANy reason for this?? The price is so much between spacers and these kits? They have been using spacers for years and seems to be the most common way. I was told unless your driving like a baja truck then spacers are more than fine for daily driving and towing along with normal 4x4ing. I just traded in my raptor so that type of driving is done with lol. Thanks for your input.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
You will need to address alignment. The 2.5" spacers normally don't come with anything to re-correct caster or alignment of your axle under the truck.

We offer a leveling kit with 2.5" taller than stock springs that will increase ride quality and handling, longer bilstein 5100s, alignment cams to correct your truck's caster and an adjustable track bar to recenter your axle under the truck after the lift and tighten steering feel. This kit can be had for $890 and is a substantial improvement over stock!

Good luck on you build!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
ANy reason for this?? The price is so much between spacers and these kits? They have been using spacers for years and seems to be the most common way. I was told unless your driving like a baja truck then spacers are more than fine for daily driving and towing along with normal 4x4ing. I just traded in my raptor so that type of driving is done with lol. Thanks for your input.
If you took our leveling kit to Baja, you'd be sorely disappointed with it's performance in the whoops... Our 4.5" Pintop and coilover are the more capable of the off-road kits. The reason our price is higher is because we use quality parts and give you everything you're going to need to get the truck driving better than stock with more control.

Most kits do not come with shocks, brake line relocation tabs, adjustable cams for caster or an adjustable track bar. We include these because they're imperative to maintain the handling characteristics of these big trucks when lifting them.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
The old saying, you get what you pay for comes to mind here. Pucks will give you the look you want, but the ride goes downhill. And chance of death wobble increases. Tens of thousands of people use pucks with no issues at all. I just don't trust them under something as valuable and important as my truck is to me.

If you ever have the chance to ride in a SD with Carli suspension, you will understand why people are willing to pay top $.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:28 AM

Every shop in my area says that the trac bar being off just a bit on a level kit will change nothing but the look and most people cant even tell its off 1\2". Not sure if getting the rite info or not but the kit i think im going for is a Spacer kit with new 5100 shocks and new caster sleeves. Cant seem to find a shop that carries 2.5" springs around here. 90% of the shops here all do the same thing and theres hundreds of these trucks around so cant be too bad of a way i guess. Thanks for all the info!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Every shop in my area says that the trac bar being off just a bit on a level kit will change nothing but the look and most people cant even tell its off 1\2". Not sure if getting the rite info or not but the kit i think im going for is a Spacer kit with new 5100 shocks and new caster sleeves. Cant seem to find a shop that carries 2.5" springs around here. 90% of the shops here all do the same thing and theres hundreds of these trucks around so cant be too bad of a way i guess. Thanks for all the info!!!
It actually shifts the axle almost 3/4"! So when you look straight at your truck from the front one wheel will be sticking out 1.5" farther then the other one.

I can see a leveled truck 50 feet away and can tell if they had an adjustable trac bar, or trac bar relocation bracket put on.

Once again, you get what you pay for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.