National Back Order on BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 07:46 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
National Back Order on BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO

I’m still running the stock 20" on my F250 and now found BF has a national back order on their all-terrain tire. Driving around the mountains, salt, and snow the Goodyears just don’t last as long as the BF’s. I am finding everyone is out of stock and that there is a national back order on the BF’s. Any suggestions for a good substitute? I’m dealing with daily, non lead foot, driving and field driving not so much on the bid aggressive mud tires. I was going to look into Cooper tires but have not seen much discussion about them. I’m still running the 275/65/20. Any input would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 07:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I got cooper at3's on my truck for about 2000 miles so far they are great. Haven't had much time out in the fields but I can say they are great in the snow they are 10 ply and showing zero wear so far. I am more then happy with the price an performance.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-13-2013, 08:09 AM

Everyone I ask about Coopers say they're a good tire but I never see them on many vehicles or in many discussions.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:17 AM

Yeah I know all my buddies around here run one form or another of coopers. Whether its truck pulling or daily driving. I can't give you a longevity aspect cause I haven't had them on very long. Her is a pic to get an idea.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:16 AM

Nice. I found a tire dealer up here selling them at 264 a tire. Firestone wanted 325 then mount and balance. I may hold off I heard BF had a 50 dollar rebate december through January tha's what may have cause the back order. I just stinks the back order happened after dropping the cash for the head gasket, head studs, egr delete, and so on. I really just wanted to buy only 1 tires for the state inspection. Then 1st of spring get new tires. Murry's law I guess.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:02 PM

Yeah that's about what I paid for the same tire but for an 18. I know cooper had a 75 dollar rebate not sure if its still going on I got them in November.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:18 PM

I have known three people get reimbursed for a BFG failure including body shop Fee's

related to the Back Order ??
Old 02-14-2013, 04:47 AM

Do you know if they did a recall on the BF's? $364 for BF's would really be better than dropping $1054.00 right now. I hate being in a state that inspects thread depth and brake pad thickness - can you regulate me any more? It wouldn't be so bad but they will actually tell you it's a federal regulation to do it - yeah right! Kansas doesn't even have car inspections.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:59 AM
Chug-a-lug!!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takem07 View Post
I hate being in a state that inspects thread depth and brake pad thickness - can you regulate me any more?
I guess they're trying to compensate for all the irresponsible vehicle owners that won't regulate themselves and make sure their vehicle is safe to drive before endangering others. I kind of wish they would do that here. But with it would probably come emissions inspections.

No reason to put other peoples lives in danger because one is too lazy to make sure they have brakes that will safely stop their vehicle or tires that are going to hydroplane or blow out at 70mph.

Not attacking you, just speaking of the general population.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:15 AM

I agree just this state goes a little over board and really use it to get money out of people. They tried on my wife but thank god I showed her how they check the tread depth. She had them show her how they were measuring the tire and they said the tapered side of the tire was below spec. Well no crap, so she had them bring her the same tire new and there was only 2/32 difference on the between the two. You go girl!!!! Ok I'm off my soap box. Well back to topic. Hopefully BFs kicks up the production. 4 new tires really uses up my funds for a parts washing station and pneumatic vacuum pump for cleaning the inner cooler fluids on this motor tear down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.