Tires for 2011 F250 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 02-05-2013, 04:12 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tires for 2011 F250

I have the 2011 6.7 f260 crew cab with 17 rims.

Ready to get new tires and rims. Should i stay with 17 or change?

I was looking at the nitro grabbers mt? anyone have any luck with these?

Also if i run 35's do i need to lift it?
greenmntboy is offline  
post #2 of 14 Old 02-05-2013, 07:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Axis2011KR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Posts: 318
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It all depends on what you care about the most. The ride/performance or looks. A 17" or 18" rim will ride better on the street with more sidewall on a 35" tire than a 20" or 22" rim will for sure. Price point is a big factor also, bigger wheels means a lot more $$$ for tires. A 35" tire for a 17" rim might be $250 where that same brand 35" on a 20" might be $500.

I have never even heard of a Nitro Grabber MT tire...I would stick with Toyo Open Country M/T or Nitto Trail Grappler both with the E load rating version. If you want something less aggressive be sure you still get the E load rating otherwise it will wear out sooner with the heavy weight of our trucks, especially if you tow.

With a stock or conservative offset you can probably clear 35's with minimal rubbing on stock suspension but a small 2.5" readylift or leveling kit from Icon or Carli would definitely help a lot. The rim width is a big factor here also, you can't run a 20x10 for example without a level and even then it will rub most likely. stay at 9" widths or smaller if you're staying stock height regardless of your rim diameter.

2015 F-250 King Ranch 6.7L CC FX-4
Fabtech 10" 4 Link with Coilovers/American Force Vector 22x12/Toyo MT 40x15.50x22
SCT+No Limit+FloPro

2011 F-250 King Ranch 6.7L CC 4x4 sold
H&S+S&B+Open Downpipe
Axis2011KR is offline  
post #3 of 14 Old 02-05-2013, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis2011KR View Post
It all depends on what you care about the most. The ride/performance or looks. A 17" or 18" rim will ride better on the street with more sidewall on a 35" tire than a 20" or 22" rim will for sure. Price point is a big factor also, bigger wheels means a lot more $$$ for tires. A 35" tire for a 17" rim might be $250 where that same brand 35" on a 20" might be $500.

I have never even heard of a Nitro Grabber MT tire...I would stick with Toyo Open Country M/T or Nitto Trail Grappler both with the E load rating version. If you want something less aggressive be sure you still get the E load rating otherwise it will wear out sooner with the heavy weight of our trucks, especially if you tow.

With a stock or conservative offset you can probably clear 35's with minimal rubbing on stock suspension but a small 2.5" readylift or leveling kit from Icon or Carli would definitely help a lot. The rim width is a big factor here also, you can't run a 20x10 for example without a level and even then it will rub most likely. stay at 9" widths or smaller if you're staying stock height regardless of your rim diameter.




Wow great info. I live in Vermont so i dont do alot of highway driving. Alot of driving is on dirt or snow covered roads. I dont do any off roading or nud.I got the snow plow package with mine. I think that upgrades the front springs so it sits pretty level.

Id like to keep the stock rims for now and put on a 35 x12 on my 17;; rim. Not sure what size that works out. Not sure if my stock rim is wide egnough for a 12'' wide tire. This great help. Thank-you
greenmntboy is offline  
post #4 of 14 Old 02-05-2013, 08:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor
 
OCVeloMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 2,739
Thanks: 70
Thanked 168 Times in 149 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmntboy View Post
Wow great info. I live in Vermont so i dont do alot of highway driving. Alot of driving is on dirt or snow covered roads. I dont do any off roading or nud.I got the snow plow package with mine. I think that upgrades the front springs so it sits pretty level.

Id like to keep the stock rims for now and put on a 35 x12 on my 17;; rim. Not sure what size that works out. Not sure if my stock rim is wide egnough for a 12'' wide tire. This great help. Thank-you
Do you plow with the truck? Those plow package springs will add a lot of stiffness to the front end of the truck that is completely unjustified if you don't plow. The springs are made to accommodate an addition 800-1000 lbs. A set of our replacement leveling springs would keep you about the same height (maybe a bit taller) and smooth the ride out substantially.

I digress, I agree with Axis2011KR, the Toyo mud terrains will be, by far, the best tire for you. If you're constantly driving through snow, try a 285/70/17 as most of our customers battling those conditions find a narrow tire handles snow best.
OCVeloMan is offline  
post #5 of 14 Old 02-05-2013, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCVeloMan View Post
Do you plow with the truck? Those plow package springs will add a lot of stiffness to the front end of the truck that is completely unjustified if you don't plow. The springs are made to accommodate an addition 800-1000 lbs. A set of our replacement leveling springs would keep you about the same height (maybe a bit taller) and smooth the ride out substantially.

I digress, I agree with Axis2011KR, the Toyo mud terrains will be, by far, the best tire for you. If you're constantly driving through snow, try a 285/70/17 as most of our customers battling those conditions find a narrow tire handles snow best.

285/70/17 how wide is that. I really wanted to get close to 12'' wide on a stock 17'' rim. I think my rim width is onlt 7-3/4'' wide
greenmntboy is offline  
post #6 of 14 Old 02-05-2013, 08:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor
 
OCVeloMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 2,739
Thanks: 70
Thanked 168 Times in 149 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You easily could. If you want that, check out a 305-315 wide tire. The owner of Carli ran a 37x13.5 17 tire on his stock rims (7.5" wide) without issue. I wouldn't worry too much about rim width.
OCVeloMan is offline  
post #7 of 14 Old 02-05-2013, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCVeloMan View Post
You easily could. If you want that, check out a 305-315 wide tire. The owner of Carli ran a 37x13.5 17 tire on his stock rims (7.5" wide) without issue. I wouldn't worry too much about rim width.


im still going back and forth on tires. My last truck i had was a 150 and i ran the bfg all terains. Those were great on hard packed snow covered roads
greenmntboy is offline  
post #8 of 14 Old 02-05-2013, 08:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor
 
OCVeloMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 2,739
Thanks: 70
Thanked 168 Times in 149 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
They're awful on HD trucks. Their sidewalls are weak, even when E-Rated and are known for causing Death Wobble in the F250/350 and Dodge 2500/3500s. They'e great tires on 1/2 tons but don't seem to work great on the HD trucks.
OCVeloMan is offline  
post #9 of 14 Old 02-05-2013, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
had any luck with those Dunlop frience? I think they are. Not sure
greenmntboy is offline  
post #10 of 14 Old 02-07-2013, 02:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
BIG Laing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ogden, UT
Posts: 2,483
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmntboy View Post
285/70/17 how wide is that. I really wanted to get close to 12'' wide on a stock 17'' rim. I think my rim width is onlt 7-3/4'' wide
285/25.4= 11.2 wide x 1.4 (ratio x2) = 15.7" + 17" (rim diameter) = 32.7"

2013 Lariat Eco-Boost F150 Super Crew 4x4 20K Miles. Max-Tow 3.73's, luxury package. Amp Steps, Raceline Raptor Wheels, Bak-Flip, and much more.


(Sold) 2011 Lariat 6.7 F350 CCLB SRW 4X4 60K MILES
Nitto Terra Grappler 295/70/R18 on OEM's
BIG Laing is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome