Most Street Friendly 37's in 20"? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 10:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Most Street Friendly 37's in 20"?

Have a 6" lift on my F250 & have been running 37's forever.

Up until mid-last year I had 17's and ran 37x12.50x17's. Originally ProComp eXtreme A/T's, then BFG All Terrains. The BFG's road better and were more quiet, but the ProComps had better traction.

In any case, last year I came across a smoking deal on a set of 20" XD Badlands with 37x12.50x20 Nitto Trail Grapplers with only 600 miles on them so I snatched them up.

Although the Trail Grapplers are per say "aggressive", they ride worse, are more noisy, and get worse fuel mileage than the previous brands.

So, that said, what are some of the most street friendly 37x12.50x20's? It seems to be somewhat of a limited size. What's a P-metric equivalent or close to size?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 01:24 PM

Buddy of mine has some Kumho KL71s in a 37x13.50 and he loves them. They are directional and get GREAT traction off road. Ive road in his truck and they have a slight hum to them, but nothing like the Toyo M/t or the Nitto Trails. He is on his second set of Kumhos and says that he wont buy nothing else. He got 40k miles on his first set with regular rotation.

They are a MEAN looking rite too. Thats what Im planning on running when I do my lift.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:33 PM

Cool, I'll look into those. Thanks. I've also come across the Yokohama Geolander All Terrains. This truck rarely goes off road, mostly a pavement pounder. The Yokohama's look to have a nice street tire look to them.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-psi View Post
Cool, I'll look into those. Thanks. I've also come across the Yokohama Geolander All Terrains. This truck rarely goes off road, mostly a pavement pounder. The Yokohama's look to have a nice street tire look to them.
Never seen those, but the Kumhos are cheaper than Toyos and Nittos. I was going to go with Nittos, but the Kumhos are cheaper by about $70 a tire. And from what Ive seen and been told by my buddy, is that they last longer, and arent near as loud as the other two.

I liked the Duratracks too but they dont make them in Bigger sizes. Also, looked at the Interco M-16s, but I have heard bad stuff about them being almost impossible to balance. The MTZs by Mickey Thompson are Sweet looking, but Ive had a set of those on my Jeep and they are LOUD. Especially as they get more mileage. But man they dig in the mud. I mean DIG.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:52 PM

I think the dune grappler comes in that size. Very neat looking tire but I heard not much for off road traction.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just bought 2011 f250 that had 37"terra grappler and I could not believe how quite that rode and handled and it's on the same rim you have. I like the tire but just too big for me so I stepped down to a 35 Baja atz and it is louder than the nitto terra grappler.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The p metric is 355/60r20
Old 02-06-2013, 06:21 PM
Premium Member

Your ride worsening is due to the added weight of the 20s and smaller sidewall. Trail graps re also a harder compound and will ride rougher. I've also noticed superduty guys running really high tire pressures then recommended by the tire manufacturer. They are a mud tire father all. I'd take traction any day over comfort in the heavy trucks. May give terra grapps a try, I've had good luck with them
Old 02-09-2013, 04:40 AM

I have a 6" lift also and I have Goodyear Duratracs in 325/60r20= 36x13.5 and love them. Great tire, by far the best I have had on my truck, quiet, smooth ride and no wandering. I had General MT and Pro Comp MTX on before these and no comparison for street manners. SORRY for not having pics with them on yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.