bfg at or rugged terains - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
bfg at or rugged terains

well had a snow down here in texas and ran into some problems well my radials suck in lamens terms and i flew into the curb and blew out both my passenger tires (i had two ats and two radials i hadent gotten to switching them around so both ats are gone) i now have 4 all different radials and well i talked to the guys at discount tire said that i can do their payment plans on some good ats i couldnt decide between rugged terains and ats so anyone have any experience with them?

Tire Details - Discount Tire

Tire Details - Discount Tire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Emergency Services

my personal opinion when my dad had a 2wd dakota he had the ATS and never had issues in snow or mud..i want to get a set of those for my truck..so i say ATS FTW
Old 12-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

If it were my truck, I'd get Mud Terrains but in your situation, I'd do All Terrains.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:19 PM

I live where it snows a bunch and I have the AT's. Never had an issue on either my 2wd Excursion or my DRW.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:59 AM

I live in Canada and I love my Goodyear Duratracs, they cost a little bit more but they are amazing in winter. Only down side is they have a two ply sidewall but I run mine at 55psi front and 50 rear in winter with no problems. Summer time I bump them up to 60 front and 65 rear unless towing then its 60 front 80 rear. I had 325/65r18 BFG A/Ts on my F150 and I hated them, if I wasnt in 4wd I wasnt going anywhere. But then again that was a 13" wide tire vs the 275/70r18s I have on my F350. Looking at the Rugged Terrain they look like they will suck on ice due to the lack of siping. Another tire to check out would be the BFG Commercial T/A Traction tires, run those on a few of our work trucks and they hold pretty well on ice and haven't tested them too much in snow. Just my opinion and experiences
Old 12-25-2012, 05:44 AM

All are good but the BFG's and Michelin Revo's are all highly rated and get 60-70K miles on a set. The Rugged terrrains have a bad rating compared to the other two I listed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.