INTERCO SS M16's...Who's got em!?!? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question INTERCO SS M16's...Who's got em!?!?

Hey guys just got a new set of tires for my truck. Had been running with Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Radials for years. Two sets of them averaged between 50,000 and 60,000 miles...well they don't make that size anymore so I had to switch it up. Now I have the Interco Super Swamper M16's in 37X13.5X17....Looking to hear from anybody that has or had the M16's. Hows the wear, what you like what you don't like so far and what PSI you are running them at? Thanks for the feedback!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 05:25 AM

I've got them and my experience is when I received them I had to get the trued because the tire shop told me about them having high spots and that they couldn't balance them too great. Once I got them trued and rebalanced, they are smooth and I love the sound of them. They're not too loud and the traction is great on or off road, I have over 6,000 miles on them now and they are wearing good so far they still look new. I have the load range E and a 10 ply I believe so I'm hoping to get good milage out of the set. BTW I run 60 PSI in mine even though it's max is 65 PSI but I never have a big load.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Premium Member

Thanks for the reply! Good to know on the psi. I put them down to 60 early today but still seem to be riding more on the center not sure if I will go lower or not yet(unless loaded), I just want even wear. Are they on your truck in the picture for your signature?!?! I ask because it looks really good. To be honest I am pretty dissapointed I have bushwacker fender flares and they just looks so much narrower then my old tires and not as tall even when they were bald. All my friends and family have even said so, even women too if they notice it, then that is pretty bad! When I measure they are coming out to 36 and the thread width is poor. Im sure it would look better without the flares. My Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Radial 37X13.5s were perfect I would be set if they still made them in that size...Hopefully the M16s performance will change my mind off-road and in the snow but they have a big shoe to fill.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:41 PM

My first impression with mine were they didn't look as wide as my previous toyo's but the height was the same. I had the toyo's in my sig. Hopefully you like yours as you put milage on them.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:58 AM
Premium Member

Yeah they seem to be growing on me it helps the new shine is going away. So do you like them better then the Toyos? I almost was gonna go with those!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:24 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

got em...... love em!!

I run mine at 55 psi. I did the old chalk line test at 60 psi and 55. 55 wears more evenly but i lost about 1 mpg (maybe my foot got heavier!)

They're great in the snow, good in the mud and, as you probably already know, they are nice and smooth on the pavement.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:26 AM
Premium Member

Thanks a lot EflumE exactly the response I was hoping for! Going on a long trip Friday so didn't have enough time to do the test myself. Saved me some time and thinkn!
Old 11-16-2012, 07:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Glad I could help!

Heck, might as well throw a chalk line on there for you trip. Check it when you get there and then maybe try a different setup for the return trip.

Wouldn't mind hearing how you make out and if you find a better setup.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:34 AM
Premium Member

Well I painted a white line on the tread before the trip just to see. Started out at 55 in all 4. The fronts look good on the wear but the rear still has a lot of crown due to a lot less weight of course. I stopped every couple hours and checked my air pressure in each tire...So after driving started they all stayed at 60psi (I should prob try filling with nitrogen one of these days!) at the end of 600 mile trip the front line was hardly visible but the rear still had paint on the outer edge...That said I am now gonna run 55-58 in the front and 50-55 in the rear...Towing I am probably gonna go with 60-65 in the rear. No feedback on my mileage as of yet hard to gauge with my 4.56 gears I get better mileage around town then on the highway. These tire just have a roundness to them definitely harder to deal with then my old tires. speaking of which I still have a full size spare of my Mickey Thompsons Baja Claws...over an inch taller and look way wider same advertise size pretty bummed. I called Interco in fact. They list the height 37 they come out to 36, and tread dept 21/32 well they come out to 19/32 his explanation was there measure them at the factory and also that they will "grow" after use due to the steel belts and whatnot expanding. Well BS 2000 some miles later and they aren't. I hate when companies run small. However I will say I am happy with them in the mud and in reverse up hill especially on loose gravel they dont slip much...All I wish is that they would be the SIZE THEY LIST!
Old 02-27-2013, 01:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

sorry not to get off subject but i have 18x12 rims, how would these m16s look on there? im looking at the 37x13.5x18! anyone think my rim is too wide?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.