Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Leveling Kit? I'm only 3/4" lower in the front

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  BIG Laing 
#1 ·
So here is my first post on this forum: I have spent hours educating myself here already and have a hard time deciding what to do about a nearly level truck. By measuring from the top of the tire to the top of the wheel well, I am only seeing a 3/4" difference from the front and back. I wish to get the right wheel/tire setup for a truck that sits at stock height or "truely leveled" I haven't seen a level kit that raises the front less than 1.5".

I have gathered that 33" tires fit stock height and 35" tires fit a leveled height for my 2011 F250 CCSB 4x4 according to many sources online. It seems there are always variables and different opinions here but, I'm hoping to gather some specific information for my truck here.

Issue #1 On my truck I have mudflaps and I currently measure 33" tires on the stock 17" wheels. They are very wore down and I am seeing a 3.75" gap between the rear wheels and the mudflaps. If I go with the 35" tire here I will be down to a 2.75" gap at best. Isn't that a bit close? Not to mention look silly? I wish to keep the mudflaps. A leveling kit won't change this clearance issue on the back of the truck.

Issue #2 There is a bit more room between the mud flaps on the front tires, but truely leveling my truck will add 3/4" height to the front and I don't see how that enables a tire size 2" bigger than a non-leveled truck where I am seeing 33" tires recommended.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I don'"t know how much this will help you. But i just put 325/65/18 goodyear duratrac on a -12 offset rim on my 09 F350 that has a 2'' leveling kit and i have no rubbing issues at all. Try and measure from the bottom of the the rim and up to the wheel well. Good Luck its a painful process.

#3 ·
Pucks for your coils are very easily made. I know for the 11+ trucks I have seen 1",2", and 2.5" pucks from lift/suspension company's. Finding a 1" puck IMO would be the easiest and cheapest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.