Tire/wheel/lift combo? for "work truck" - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 05:46 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tire/wheel/lift combo? for "work truck"

Looking for suggestions/recommendations on tires/wheels/lift/brush guard/skid plate etc I'll need to transform my 2002 7.3L CC 4x4 dually into an effective off road work truck, primarily for small time logging/farming.

From another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by skanj0 View Post
The best tire recommendation for you depends upon what you do with your truck. Do you haul or tow heavy? What type of conditions are you in (snow, mud, rock, all highway)? And what type of tire look do you want? Tall and skinny, short and wide, +2 over factory?
Plan on hauling/towing moderately heavy, mainly logs, some rock and gravel. Conditions will be mainly Mississippi mud, clay, forest and back roads, little highway high speed. I see the need to be able to climb over small trees, thru small depressions. Thus I'm thinking several inches of lift, a brush guard, skid plate and bigger than stock tires.

Note - I'm not concerned about "pretty" or chrome. This is to get the job done.

Since my "off road" work will primarily be during cooler weather (September thru April) I'm thinking I might keep a set of road tires for the summer and put the work tires on for fall/winter/spring.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.