What tire psi? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 04:00 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What tire psi?

Hey everyone,

I've had my truck back for a few weeks now and everything's running perfectly. However, I can't find a comfortable psi to run my tires at on my 04 f250. They are 265/75R16 Hankook Dynapro ATMs. The door sticker says 65 psi front and 80 psi back but I'm thinking that is what the stock tires are rated at. It says maximum psi of 80 on the tires themselves so I'm really confused as to what I should run them at and if they should be the same all around or different like the factory door sticker? Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to 2003kingranch
I run 65 up front and 65 in the rear. thats where my tires are wearing best and it rides good
Old 08-21-2012, 04:13 PM
The Silent Service

What is the tire size on the door sticker?

When towing (which the door sticker sets up for) the values on the rear tires end up different.

Best results would be the chalk method (draw a line move the truck, and adjust pressure depending on where the chalk rubs off). A little time consuming, but it works.

For reference, I run my tires per the sticker (as it happened to match pretty close) 75psi front, 60psi dual rears on 245/75R17s.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colo_dually View Post
What is the tire size on the door sticker?

When towing (which the door sticker sets up for) the values on the rear tires end up different.

Best results would be the chalk method (draw a line move the truck, and adjust pressure depending on where the chalk rubs off). A little time consuming, but it works.

For reference, I run my tires per the sticker (as it happened to match pretty close) 75psi front, 60psi dual rears on 245/75R17s.
Factory sticker says 235/85R16
Old 08-21-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003kingranch View Post
I run 65 up front and 65 in the rear. thats where my tires are wearing best and it rides good
I have mine at 63-65 psi all the way around and the front feels soft under slight turns at 55-65mph. Feels like I should inflate them more but I'm afraid with the factory sticker saying 65 psi max for the front....then again that's for a different size and brand tire
Old 08-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Factory PSI rating is for the original tires on the truck and original everything.
Get the tires up to operation temp, then draw a paint or chalk line across them.
Drive till it starts wearing, which will be a few revs.
If it's wearing in the middle, too much air.
Wearing on the sides, too little air.

My Dynapro ATm's on my rear axle (4), are down to 45 right now, but I need to drop them to 40. They are very stout, stiff tires, and hold all the empty bed weight really well Seriously, though, I love em so far. No ice/snow testing yet though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.