Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It's tempting to cheap out on certain components on your truck, but when when it comes down to a 2" wheel adapter thats holding your wheels to your truck, I would be more than willing to spend the extra money for a peace of mind. Just think, if that aluminum EVER failed down the road, I bet you would wish that you spent that extra couple hunderd dollars for a steel one. It could save you huge headaches, repair bills or even you life.
I was stuck in the same situation as you a few months ago (steel vs aluminum) but I think I will be happy with my choice knowing that the steel ones will stand up. Aluminum could fatigue over time, these trucks are not light, I wouldn't want to take the chance!
2002 7.3L Excursion Limited 4x4
- 21"/11"/21" Vision X Xmitter Prime light bars (47,000 lumens)
- Edge CS Monitor
- Tymar intake
- Fumoto Quick Drain Valve
- Coolant filter, ELC, 203* T-stat and billet housing
- Riff Raff boots
- PHP Chip (Stock, 80DD, 100Race, Whisper Mode, 80Tow, Smoke Show)
- F350 leafs front and back
- Hellwig rear sway bar, Bilstein 5100's
- LT275/65R20 Durtrac's on 20" King Ranch wheels
- Fred Goeske 2" steel wheel adapters
- Genuine Larry B's Denso starter
Last edited by Tempsho; 08-13-2012 at 08:27 PM.