Where are you guys buying pads and rotors? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 03:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Where are you guys buying pads and rotors?

summitracing has hawk NEWly released super duty series pads, more stopping power than the LTS pads that i do already like.. but seems nobody is instock, tirerack either :/

Tirerack is $13 shipping, summit is free, but has no rear rotors in stock either from stop tech, power slot "cyros either" or ebc that are already almost $200 a rear rotor.

I'm looking for rear zinc plated rotors for the 06 F350 in my sig, SRW, so as long as their not cheapos and have at least the HAT "black" /zinc coated for rust ... thats what i want, doesnt need to be slotted, dimpled or drilled.

EBC makes greenstuff and yellow stuff truck pads too, well over $100 for the set of rear pads, which is ok by me too, anyone else use these?

Our red f350 does not have hawk LTS pads, it stops like @!#$^%#$ compared to our other superduties that have them. I don't know what pads ARE on it, front or rear, but we never buy cheap stuff, but they could be like $60-65 napa bought bendix or something "non performance".

truck has a 2 yard Brimar dump body in it, weights in at 8600lbs empty and carries a maximum of 6000lbs... yeah thats easily overloading the SRW f350... but you get the jist.. 2000-3000 in the back, plus the 650lb body then even pulling a trailer, you need better than factory/stock brakes.

I dont want to go all overboard.. otherwise i might like it too much and have multiple trucks rotors/brake pads to have to swap out and upgrade

Anyone have anything pad/rotor setups where they saw a noticeable improvement when they get them HOT!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2012, 09:32 AM

Rockauto ; just got pads and rotors 140 shipped.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:17 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
ram airfreak98ss , try truck-xl their a vendor on here and will beat any pricing ,you can save 5% on anything less then 400 and 10% on anything over 400!! im going to put a order any day for my set of powerslots , hes a good 30-40 bucks cheaper then anywhere shipped ,this is for whole kit front/rear rotors and front/rear pads !!
Old 09-05-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel23 View Post
ram airfreak98ss , try truck-xl their a vendor on here and will beat any pricing ,you can save 5% on anything less then 400 and 10% on anything over 400!! im going to put a order any day for my set of powerslots , hes a good 30-40 bucks cheaper then anywhere shipped ,this is for whole kit front/rear rotors and front/rear pads !!
I talked to him on here.. will hopefully buy all our pads and rotors etc. from him in the future. just not worth the local stores and all their junk parts like low end rotors that warp and $50 pads that arnt worth squat.. they last forever though!
Old 09-05-2012, 10:42 AM
7.3 4 Ever! Nothing else!

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I CAN GET YOU A GOOD DEAL ON FORD STUFF, WHT EXACTLY R U LOOKING FOR?
Old 09-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have had major issues with warping rotors. I tow alot and none of my trailers have brakes. Seems like I warp rotors every 3-6 months with the stuff my local tire store provides. I just ordered from rotorpros.net. I did some forum research and they had mixed reviews but the price was right. I went slotted rotors with ceramic pads. Just put them on a few days ago. We will see how it goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.