37's on 18's. Opinions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
37's on 18's. Opinions

I am just about to get new tires, first time buying tires for my truck and first time buying tires this size. I currently have Toyo Open Country A/T's 355/65R/18. More or less a 37x13.5x18.
I want an AT tire that looks aggressive, though I don't get off road much I want the looks. I do most highway driving to and from the mountains towing a boat, snowmobile, or four wheelers. All are under 10K loads but weather is always a concern. Pulling 4 snowmobiles through a blizzard climbing a mountain, or a boat going through thunderstorms. I need something that is going to grip and ride well.
I've been looking around and have found that I'm pretty limited on options.
Toyo Open Country A/T
or
Terra Grappler A/T
I need some opinions on these tires and any other recommendations you have for my size tires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2012, 05:40 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Take a look at the Falkin Wild PEak ATs. They don't look super aggressive but they come in a 37X13.5R18 and handle very nice on the street as well as off road
Old 07-08-2012, 05:46 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
of the three named choices, i have run both nitto and toyo, for the money, the toyos are woth it. i went through two sets of nittos in just under three years time, and probably only 30000 miles total. the toyos i ran saw close to 35000 when i sold the truck a year and a half ago, and i still see it with the same tire, and they look good.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:52 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnb99 View Post
of the three named choices, i have run both nitto and toyo, for the money, the toyos are woth it. i went through two sets of nittos in just under three years time, and probably only 30000 miles total. the toyos i ran saw close to 35000 when i sold the truck a year and a half ago, and i still see it with the same tire, and they look good.
I ran Nitto Trails and They wore better than my BFG ATs did. Excellent tire for an MT. I have never personally ran the Terra grapplers but I know. A lot of guys don't like them on diesels, we're just too heavy for them. I have a friend that ran the toyos on his Chevy 2509 diesel and he loved them. I'm strongly considering the Toyo's too.

Tires can make a truck! It's so hard to choose.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 07-08-2012, 07:38 PM

Well ive had 3 sets of toyos on my truck, two sets of 37's and a smaller set of 35's when i first had the truck. Great traction in snow and ice. Do really well in the sand dunes to. Soon gotta figure out what tire i wanna go with, gonna need a set before winter hits im thinking.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3550Duty View Post
Well ive had 3 sets of toyos on my truck, two sets of 37's and a smaller set of 35's when i first had the truck. Great traction in snow and ice. Do really well in the sand dunes to. Soon gotta figure out what tire i wanna go with, gonna need a set before winter hits im thinking.
What millage have you gotten on each set?
Old 07-09-2012, 08:32 PM

Cant really answer that cuz i got the 35's used, the set of 37/18s i bought new but traded for a guy that had 37/20's with same thread depth but i had 25k on them with i got rid of them and prolly put another 10 or 15k on the set i have now. So no complaints bout toyos except for the pocket book.

Just one thing, dont get a set of nitto terra grapplers, its an 8 ply tire and it has a really bad sidewall roll in them when you corner or tow real heavy, not a great tire for the diesel truck world when you get up there in the bigger tire wheel combos
Old 07-15-2012, 07:22 AM

Thanks for that las line about the Nittos. I am looking for tires on my '09 f250 and just want an honest opinion. Not bashing anyone, but some tires ain't made for diesels. Took me years to find that out on wifes 2000 EX. I am looking for an all terrain tire that looks good, a bit oversized (compared to whats on my stock 20's) but wont jack up my mielage and lasts a while. I was thinking about the Mich. MS2 but they would look kind of sissy on my 4X4
What looks good ( and lasts) on stock 20s with no lift?
Old 07-15-2012, 07:53 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I burned through a set of toyos in 20k and I was nice to them. Nitto ATs I had lasted 30 ish. Running km2s this time. So far I love them. Down side is to run 13 wide you have to get 36s. From tire rack with shipping it was 2 grand
Old 07-15-2012, 07:57 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Maybe I should've said I usually run 37s on 18s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.