weld wheel question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 06:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
weld wheel question

I have the opertunity to get 4 new weld wheels 17 x10 with 37 12.5 BFG all terrains on them, they only have 500 to a thousand miles on them, the guy decided to get 20s with 40 inch tires. My question is are weld wheels a good product, are they better than my eagle alloys I have now? and finally does 1800 for the whole package sound high? or fair? last question they are comming off a gasser, will they be ok on my 7.3? thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2012, 05:50 AM

anyone? i have to decide today
Old 04-27-2012, 10:17 AM

Weld racing makes a good product. As for the price, it depends exactly what rim they are and how much they cost new? Also around here slightly used (take offs) tires loose allot of value, why I don't know but I bought a set of 325/60-20 toyo At's for $950, MSRP online is $1680+ not including shipping. Anyway back to your queston, after a quick google search I found those BFG AT 37-12.5-17 for $330 each, but street price around here would be about 650-750 range maby 800 tops. So its going to depend on exactly what rims and what shape they are in.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:22 PM

Thanks for the help. I think its a little high, and the wheels are like new but I dont like the style enough to pay top dollar. Im going a different route.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:51 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
the weld wheels are a little pricey but worth it imo. i wish they didn't stop making them, i would kill for a set of 18x10 weld sandstorms haha.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:39 PM

Weld wheel is a fantastic product but I haven't really liked any of there truck wheels since the Cheyenne was out, I use Weld all the time for my race cars but there are a ton of great truck wheels out there now and much cheaper. Most weld wheels are polished aluminum and a lot of upkeep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.