Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You got me wondering so I went and checked. 275/70/18. It's been hanging under the truck since I bought the truck new.
spare tire 275/70R18 = 33.1"
The factory tire on the 20" wheel 275/65R20 = 34.07"
44magnum, your 285/75R17 = 33.8"
Looks like that might be the closest size tire to match a the factory 20" rubber.
I am about to pick up a set of factory 8 spoke 20" wheels and factory size rubber for my Excursion, and I was wondering the same thing about the spare tire.
265/75R16 = 31.6"
So it looks like i'll have to run a different spare tire. I wonder how big of a tire I can fit in the factory space inside the back of the Excursion.
2002 7.3L Excursion Limited 4x4
- 2" lift (F350 leafs front & back)
- Lightforce 240's and 170's, LED taillights
- Edge Evolution Monitor
- Tymar Intake
- Coolant filter, ELC, 203* T-stat and billet aluminum housing, dual alt upper rad hose
- Riff Raff boots
- PHP Chip (Stock, 80DD, 100Race, Whisper Mode, 80Tow, Smoke Show)
- Hellwig rear sway bar
- Bilsteins 5100's
- LT275/65R20 Goodyear Duratrac's
- 20" F250 King Ranch Wheels
- 2" Fred Goeske steel wheel adapters